yukan club

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

labk1ta

-daisuki
Retired
Yukan-Club-banner.jpg

synopsis:

The story is a comedy revolving around six wealthy and popular high school students who solve mysteries and in their free time, amuse themselves lavishly. Akanishi plays Shochikubai Miroku, the son of the police commissioner. --Tokyograph

11 episodes.

ps
im currently downloading this. i found 2 subbers. i cant wait to watch this. interesting.

Wow sounds very interesting Lab! I think Im gonna d/load it as soon as I have some free space in my HDD

Bishounens solving mystery cases? What else can girl want

is this based on a manga or anime? cuz it sounds mighty familar
biggrin.gif
and yes omgsh i'll so be looking for this!
laugh.gif
sounds like a good one ^^

When I read the synopsis for the series, I was excited about it. But the first episode left me feeling seriously disappointed. The characters are pretty flat and appear a bit like caricatures, the plot was uninteresting, and the show generally seemed silly without being funny or cute. (And the so-called bishonen weren't all that good-looking. Neither were the girls all that pretty.)

However, I persevered and watched the next two episodes and was hooked. I don't know why, but the show grows on you somehow. The turning point for me was in the middle of the second episode. I can't explain it since the characters are still flat, the situations still outrageous, and it still seems extremely silly. But I think the tone somehow became more tongue in cheek, and I can't help but be curious as to what shenanigans the Yukan Club (or "you can" club) will get into next.

I've watched up to episode 5 now (Nya fansubs does excellent work) and will definitely tune into the remaining episodes.

So I think if you start watching the show, take it with a grain of salt. Don't expect a brilliant, thoughtful, or suspenseful show. So if it doesn't grow on you after a few epsiodes, you won't be disappointed. It's certainly not for everyone.

That said, I cautiously recommend...

Where do you download it? I tried isohunt and tokoytosho, but I cant add the torrent to my client.
sad.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Sep 10 2009, 06:00 AM) Where do you download it? I tried isohunt and tokoytosho, but I cant add the torrent to my client.
sad.gif

Try d-addict or nyafansub site.

I tried the first episode and watched it raw (I wonder what happened to the subs) and.... hmmmm, the plot is so simplistic, hat I understood it even without the translation. The only character, who was sort of bearable was Miroku, the rest was irrititating, to put it mildly.
Well... should I ever be bored, I might come back to this, but I dont think I will be any time soon.
wink.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Sep 10 2009, 02:19 PM) I tried the first episode and watched it raw (I wonder what happened to the subs) and.... hmmmm, the plot is so simplistic, hat I understood it even without the translation. The only character, who was sort of bearable was Miroku, the rest was irrititating, to put it mildly.
Well... should I ever be bored, I might come back to this, but I dont think I will be any time soon.
wink.gif

lol. I've seen bits and pieces of episode 1, subbed. I even got the whole drama but its only sitting there. Perhaps one of these days, I'll have spare time to waste and watch it.

QUOTE (labk1ta @ Sep 10 2009, 02:51 PM)lol. I've seen bits and pieces of episode 1, subbed. I even got the whole drama but its only sitting there. Perhaps one of these days, I'll have spare time to waste and watch it.*double-lol* I watched this at the same time I watched One Pound Gospel. It was like the two KAT-TUN boys (Jin & Kame) were taking turns punching me in the face, to borrow the boxing theme from the latter drama. Well, okay, it's not quite as bad as a punch to the face-- I did somehow finish it, after all-- but I couldn't really recommend Yukan Club to anyone but the staunchest Akanishi Jin (or the other Johnnys') fangirls.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back