White Fluffy Stuff!!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Have you ever seen snow before?

• I live in snow...*looks at his igloo*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. A few times here and there.

• Yes, if you count fake snow.

• No, never.

• What? Snow? Whats that?

• Total voters

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos
Retired
Now, I've seen snow before - I used to live in Europe and it snowed all the time - more then enough to make a big ass snowman. But, it's been a while since I moved away from Europe, and today I saw snow again.
Apparently, it's the first time that it's snowed here in 20 years; so for a lot of the other students here it's a big deal because they've never seen snow in their lives, or it was so long ago they can't remember.

This got me to thinking...I wanna know who has seen snow before, and if you've got any cool stories dealing with snow, feel free to tell!

When I was a kid, I used to make houses off of Snow and ice, then sell it to stoidi. I made a lot of money, bought myself some ice cream then sold those to snorom that lived in the houses I had built. And that's how the legends of me walking on water begun. /end story

Liked me story? Call 1-800-3825-633 then dial 4628273 to vote for my story.

funny that you posted this at this time, since today was the first decent snow day in kyoto this winter
smile.gif
i loved it, considering it never snows where i live in back in portugal!

is it this similar to this thread: SNOW DAY?

Since I live in Slovenia i have been freezing my but off for the last month and a half. But the last few days it has been geting warmer, hope it continues like this.

It used to snow several inches deep every winter when I was a kid, or so it seems in my romantic memories of winter, but now I only seem to see it once a year and even then I have to seek it out in the northern hills. But this year there wasn't any at all. Come back, snow!

Funny...I did a search for the term snow...wonder why that thread didn't show up...

Either way, that thread is actually a specific topic to Snow days (days where school/work is canceled due to snow/ice hazards). This thread has nothing to do with snow days, just snow in general.

Anyway, all the snow is gone already T_T All that remain are a few snowmen who don't melt as fast b/c they're packs of ice and a giant snowball (up to your knees) laying out in the middle of the courtyard field. Ah well, it was cool while it lasted. Wish it would *really* snow so that courses would be canceled. With all the STEEP hills here, if any of the roads/sidewalks froze over it would be really dangerous crossing campus o.o

It snowed hard today for the first time this year for me. I nearly peed my pants with excitement, then I got over it. However, my dog seemed to be fascinated by it. He is around 7 months old. This might have actaully been the first time for him.

I voted I live in snow but its not quite true. Still Ohio sees some every year and in my part of the state we get a few good snows every winter sometimes even early in the spring. So I've been around it all my life and had some epic times sledding and in snowball fights.
biggrin.gif

And more mundane times shoveling my driveway and clearing off cars.
sad.gif

I've lived in Boston and New Jersey all my life. I can confidently say I've seen my fair share of snow. Actually earlier this week on monday we got hit with a storm and got about 8-12 inches of snow. Enough for my university to cancel all of Monday's classes. Unfortunately for me I'm on co-op now and jobs don't get snow days quite as easily as schools do. By the time I got to the T station (boston's subway/trolley system) the front of me was completely white cause it was still snowing when I left my apartment. Still snow outside too.

I live in Canada, Ontario, so you can imagine how much snow we get, on average, winter lasts about half a year, and 90% of the time during those 6 months, theres snow on the ground lol I live a little north of Ontario so we get more snow than usual, like at most 50cm one time. In Toronto, it got so bad, the mayor called in the Canadian army to shovel the streets, no jokesXD

I wish summer lasted longer lol, its funny how people want to see snow so badly, trust me, it aint worth itXD Just be lucky you have a long summer, cause it really sucks not seeing the sun shine for a long time...

In Portland, where I'm from, snow can fall at your house, but when you drive 3 blocks, theres no snow falling. Snow is not really something we necessarily look forward to or dread, mostly because its so random. Snow season lasts from early November to early March, but oddly enough, in the city, we have no more than a week of notable snowfall. Its funny because if we get even half an inch of snow, our school close down. The reason for it, I have no idea, but its something that I do miss now that I'm out of school

I live in a tropical country just north of the equator where the weather is a perpetual summer with a couple of months of rain. Of course, everyone here who has never travelled to another country dreams to see snow. I personally would love it because I'm (psychologically) allergic to summer.

Does anybody else get viking urges when it snows? You know raping, pillaging, getting messed up on PCP going into a berserker rage and attacking people with a battle axe? Or is this just a byproduct of what I'm pretty sure is an antisocial personality disorder on my part?

I’m afraid it's just an antisocial personality disorder on your part! I find snow makes me feel very peaceful, the world always seems very quiet and still when it's covered with snow. (Actually it turns out there's a scientific reason why it seems quiet - the cold air near the ground refracts sound waves upwards into the air so they don't reach you.)

Of course in the midst of a snowstorm it's somewhat different, then everything takes on the air of an epic adventure like Captain Scott in the Antarctic. I still don't feel like killing anyone in those circumstances though.

Where’s the “yes, once” option in the poll? I had to choose “Yes. A few times here and there.”.

Most people who live in Australia don’t see snow very often and it is more common to find people who have never seen snow before in their lives than people who have. The Ski Season is from June to September and Australia has Ski Resorts in:

New South Wales
Charlotte Pass
Perisher Blue
Selwyn Snowfields
Thredbo

Victoria
Dinner Plain
Donna Buang
Falls Creek
Hotham
Lake Mountain
Mt Baw Baw
Mt Buffalo
Mt Buller
Mt St Gwinear
Mt Stirling

Tasmania
Ben Lomond
Mt Mawson.

I've only ever seen snow once. I was on Mount Kosciuszko and it was a late fall because it was actually December which is the start of summer.

Snow related story: Well I decided that it would be fun to stick my bare hands in the snow and make a snow ball to start a snowfight but what I didn’t count on was the fact that snow is so cold that it can feel as if it’s burning your skin ... after feeling returns. It seemed to take ages for my hands to thaw!

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Jan 19 2008, 05:55 PM) I’m afraid it's just an antisocial personality disorder on your part! I find snow makes me feel very peaceful
Oh I feel peaceful most of the time but sometimes at school I just want run across campus roaring at the top of my lungs, hewing down foes with an axe and painting the snow with their blood while Iron Maiden "Run to the Hills" is playing in the background.

The only thing i see here is lots and lots of rain, no snow whats so ever
sad.gif

But thats what you get, if your living in The Netherlands i gues
dry.gif

I live in west texas, from my backyard i could throw a stone and hit mexico (so u can get an idea of where i live). I've seen snow on occasion but not much at any 1 time. every other year or so we probably get less then an inch, you'll see kids going up and down the street collecting the snow from everybody's front yards to make one single snow man. usually not very big but impressive none the less considering they've gone up and down the whole neighborhood to collect the snow for it. I'm a southern boy and enjoy the warm weather, snow does not suit me although i would love to go someplace where there is tons of it someday.

I live in Utah's northern region. It snows all the time, any where from november to march sometimes. This year its snowed more than all of last year, 2007. There is so much snow that streets have 15' high snow piles. My house has, if you count all our piled up snow, would make a 25'-30' high snow pile. Thats just whats plowed.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back