Ultimate Survivor Kaiji (2007), Hakairoku-hen (2011) & Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa (2018)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I have no idea how these last 2 episodes are gonna play out mainly cause I don't know how they are gonna fill 2 full episodes. The worst thing that can happen to Kaiji right now to botch up his plan is if the piece they put there is missing/gone for some reason. It would be really crappy if the chairman wins on the first draw and Kaiji loses his fingers.

Been a long time since i commented here. Haha the chariman makes me laugh. He is the epitamy of everything that is wrong with society. When he started talking about how this is the 'secret to long life' i just LOL. The guy is disgusting, really leeching off other people's despair as lifeforce.

To think this guy represent's powerful corp and party bosses who control powerful countries in the world today.

GOOOO KAJI

Oh wait?
There's only 26 episodes. I was under the impression that it would be 52 episodes long. Does anyone know whether the manga has more arcs?

Wow, I really hope they make another season. o_O

I didn't like how he beaten by such a simplistic trick, but it goes to show how such a well-developed plan can go awry with one finger.

This has to be the only anime where I grimaced during each episode where this poor guy had to suffer more and more through physical/mental mutilation. If this is the end for Kaiji, then I guess I'll have to pick up the manga to see how he fares in the future.

I highy doubt a second season and in honesty it would ruin the anime. The lesson of the anime is clear. Kaji did not lose because he got greedy, he lost because he was unable to keep a clear head, and wasnt as vigliance against Hyoudou as he was against Tonegawa.

Luck of the King? No such bull in this world. Take every precaution of winning and luck shall follow. People with money just have more resources for winning.

QUOTE (Javer @ May 13 2008, 06:37 PM) Stupid question: where'd the files go? : (
Not hosted here anymore. You can try requesting links for the episodes in the Anime Request Thread though.

Anyone who liked this anime should check out the live action film. It took the premise of the show in a bit of a new direction but stayed true to the main events.

It took me right back to why i loved this anime three years ago.

Yes best anime news for a long time. I was so waiting for it since the series was sooo great.
Im really looking forward to it.

Oh man the first ep of season 2 was subarashii.

Everything felt really familiar and for the first time in ages I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of an anime episode.

The actor who played the foreman in the film was really funny, but I like how they made his anime counterpart the smiling assassin. Just the way he was appealing to Kaiji's gluttonous desires was just a shameful display of human behaviour. Honestly I could not stop laughing everytime he creeped over to Kaji.

The cycle of despair continues. Kaiji's problem is that he thinks he is better then the other labourers when he really is not. He fell into the foreman trap so easily. The way he was writhing around on the floor trying to find his soul should tell him something.

Ive has sorely missed anime like this. Im so glad its back.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Apr 06 2011, 10:15 AM)
Ive has sorely missed anime like this. Im so glad its back.
i loved it too. I am glad they decided to make a second season. I am just surprised it took them so long.

As for Kaiji, like the guy who kidnapped him said: he hasnt learned a thing from his mistakes. He still thinks there is a short cut to happiness and fortune.

The reason why the foremans tactics work so well on Kaiji and on the others for that matter is, that he just cant restrain himself. Thats how most of the guys got themselves into debt in the first place. There are people, who want it all and working hard isnt the way to get there, so they gamble, or borrow money until they end up like Kaiji. This anime is in a way very realistic and shows the real human nature in such a brutaly direct way.... thats what I like about this anime. It is no kiddy show, where people go on and on about some noble, yet often quite unrealistic notions about love, friendship and what not.

LOL, so not only he pulverized his paycheck in 5 days, he is going to get his ass in even some more debt, by the looks of the preview and there I thought that wasnt actually gonna happen, since he is locked up underground. I thought Kaiji was more intelligent than to fall for such an obvious trap. I actually find it painful to watch, how he is fucking himself up more and more. Hopefully the realization is gonna hit him soon, hehehe

Im disappointed. Not at the ep, mind you. At Kaiji. After all he went through in season one I thought he would at least change a little. But no. He is still the same loser who thinks he is better than anyone else, gets used as easily as before and still thinks everything is fine even though his pants are burning.
I really hoped he changed since I think it wouldve been more interesting seeing him kicking some ass for real and turning the tables on his former enemys. But maybe that will come some day. But probably not since he didnt make any step to the better.

Except for that it was pretty good and Im sure we are in for a lot of fun. You know, the fun where you laugh your ass off about other peoples stupidy and misfortune ^^

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 07 2011, 10:05 AM) Im disappointed. Not at the ep, mind you. At Kaiji. After all he went through in season one I thought he would at least change a little. But no. He is still the same loser who thinks he is better than anyone else, gets used as easily as before and still thinks everything is fine even though his pants are burning.
I really hoped he changed since I think it wouldve been more interesting seeing him kicking some ass for real and turning the tables on his former enemys. But maybe that will come some day. But probably not since he didnt make any step to the better.

Except for that it was pretty good and Im sure we are in for a lot of fun. You know, the fun where you laugh your ass off about other peoples stupidy and misfortune ^^
I agree with you in some respect. I dont think he is the same loser as before, I think he is worst than before.

When he got his ear and finger cut off, I felt a bit of admiration. It was quite noble how he wanted to take down the boss, so he couldnt do anymore harm.

However, at the beginning of season two, I was surprised at Kaiji acting like a gambling junkie. Its like he had a personality transplant and learnt absolutely nothing from season one.

Kaiji is such a bum. He is just a no good junkie now. It is obvious that somehow the results are being manipulated.

The real battle is Kaiji's ego, he needs to think about what he is doing and not just the thrill and exhilaration he gets from gambling.

The worse thing is Kaiji could see that the foreman was buttering him up yet he still fell for the trap because he believes he is better then them.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Apr 07 2011, 08:14 PM) However, at the beginning of season two, I was surprised at Kaiji acting like a gambling junkie. Its like he had a personality transplant and learnt absolutely nothing from season one.
I think his addiction to gambling, and his general aversion to working hard, is making Kaiji forget the lessons learnt from season one. If anything his past experiences have had a negative effect on him as he has a new sense of arrogance after beating the best, or one of the best at least, in the first season. Not only that, but the thrill of such high stakes has Kaiji yearning to take unnecessary high bets to replicate the highs he experienced before. We saw this quite clearly in the last episode.

My take on Kaiji is he seems to be a man driven by basic impulses and unless he hits rock bottom, he will behave like an idiot. I think we will see Kaiji regain his senses when he falls into high debts once again and he is forced to become more cunning by circumstances. But until the right circumstances force him to act, he will fall into his usual mental slumber. Above all Kaiji is a lazy person at heart and he will simply follow his impulses as that is the path of least resistance.

Yeah looking from all the grinning by the forman and other plays every time Kaiji did something you know that this game is somehow manipulated by them.
But how? Cant see how you can manipulate a game of dice.

I dont know how they manipulate the game, but i do get the feeling Kaiji and Miyoshi are the only ones really playing and the rest of the guys are part of the set up.

Maybe there is some device built in the bowl.... hmm?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Apr 14 2011, 02:02 PM) I dont know how they manipulate the game, but i do get the feeling Kaiji and Miyoshi are the only ones really playing and the rest of the guys are part of the set up.

My gut feeling is Miyoshi is part of the set up. His novice behaviour is playing to Kaiji's ego. Note how Kaiji only places big money when Miyoshi became the dealer. Yet inexplicably, both, at that point had a reversal in luck. Kaiji for the worst, Miyoshi for the better.

Only two ways I can see them manipulating the game is through either a duplicate bowl which induces certain results or loaded dices. Both of which could have been switched when Miyoshi became dealer.

At this point I am inclined to think that it is kaiji vs the group, all of them are in it to make Kaiji the sole loser.

What you (warita, franzoir) say could be true; the game could be rigged against Kaiji. At the same time however perhaps the game is not rigged and Kaiji will lose on his own. In any case, Kaiji winning this game wouldn't be a major loss for Foreman because Kaiji will not win significant sums of money and a win will likely cause him to become overconfident were he has a greater chancing of blowing any gains he makes. He was guilty of making this mistake when he got too arrogant and decided to challenge the chairman last season. It is quite plausible for him to make this mistake again this is particularly true if we consider how Kaiji has behaved so far this season.

It is hard to rig this game seeing as in essence it is a game of chance. Bolstering his confidence with a cheap win here can work in the long-run as it will stroke Kaiji's ego and cause him to commit reckless acts in higher stake games which will involve a larger amount of skill. With all that said, the game could be rigged after all but I just don't think it is needed in the long run. Kaiji will keep on gambling whether he wins or loses here so maybe Foreman is thinking of the long game; he is a cunning and manipulative person.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back