Ultimate Survivor Kaiji (2007), Hakairoku-hen (2011) & Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa (2018)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
OMG episode 7 was intense, the real bastard turned out to be Andou from the start. I could actually feel the despair that Kaji was going through. All i can say is that was real, and is the reason why i said Kaji should of screwed those 2 over from the start instead of entrusting his life to him.

If Kaji doesnt make it out of this, in that all i would do is have revenge on my mind and after doing my time i would hunt Andou and positively kill him in the most gruesome of manners.

I swear, this is one anime I almost wish I had waited till it was over before I started watching it, it's so dang suspenseful that when it's over you're like "ok, I'm ready for the conclusion... come on already!!!" It reminds me of DBZ in a way, I mean seriously I thought this was just going to be a small arc or something, or I thought we might get SOME ending. Oh well, maybe I'll wait a few weeks till it ends then finish it then rather than dealing with the cliffhangers.

Well done Kaji. I think if i was in that situation i would of actually killed Furahata and Andou (no joke).
However lol that manish naked was fight was hilarious, literally reduced to animals it was so funny.
The fact that Kaji was saved was by pure chance, also his brain must of been pretty fast to think of that.

And finally dam that was a long 4 hours lets see where the anime will go after the cruise

I'm really looking forward to this one. At first, the animation style really didn't appeal to me, it takes a lot of getting used to. Kaiji, however, is really engrossing. Not your typical hero, just one bad-ass, sore loser.

I'm up to Episode 3, hustling to keep up while I can. On a side note, the boat Espoir is dang creepy. ;3

QUOTE (franzoir @ Dec 10 2007, 08:51 AM) Well done Kaji. I think if i was in that situation i would of actually killed Furahata and Andou (no joke).
However lol that manish naked was fight was hilarious, literally reduced to animals it was so funny.
The fact that Kaji was saved was by pure chance, also his brain must of been pretty fast to think of that.

And finally dam that was a long 4 hours lets see where the anime will go after the cruise
lol yea thats 4hours, mabey 5hours if you count the aftermath for selling/buying stars part and the intro at the beginning. anyways.. yea, how long can this series be.. xD if it goes by the akagi arc timeline. there was about 3-4 people he challanged i think so it does seem like it could be that way also here. its so exciting, but sometimes i just have to skip 10-30secs forward and figure out how it works out before i can move back.. its that suspenceful..

Yeah, it's kind of like watching '24' the TV show. You know it's not over because Jack Bauer still has 14 more episodes to save the world. I probably would have killed Furahata and Andou too since they both screwed him over already(Furahata with the beginning debt and Andou trying to get 3 stars by himself). I do hope this follows akagi. I liked how they took such a simple game and made it complex. I don't think they could have chose a simpler game than Tic-tac-toe(but that already has a defined set of win patterns).

This show is visual crack. Just finished watching ep. 11. Already on my hands and knees waiting patiently for the next installment.

This show is so good that I believe that they could take a game as mundane as "Chutes and Ladders", "Candyland" or "Old Maid" and make a dramatic and engrossing story arc.
smile.gif

Imagine a scene where Kaiji rolls a two and the dramatic ''zawa zawa'' appears on screen as his piece on the board moves ever so closer to a chute that would send him behind all the other players. Or one as he's just about to pick the old maid from someone else's hand and his inner monologue is fighting over whether or not the card is safe or not.
laugh.gif

I don't know how this show does it, but EVERYTIME it leaves me in suspense and just with no real idea of what's gonna happen next. You know a show has succeeded in some way when that happens. Kaiji now comes into this next gamble with a new, lone wolf, determination cause of the utter betrayal by Furuhata and Andou so based on that he would push the person in front of him. But we've seen him save other people a lot and from what I've seen I just think he can't let himself do that to another person, at least if they have never hurt him before, let alone never met before.

I was also greatly surprised when I realized that the show was going to be 26 episodes. I was always under the impression it was going to be 13 episodes. I'm a bit worried about that cause I feel like it could just drag things on going from gamble to gamble. I really hope that it doesn't end like that and takes another turn.

ok this dosnt look good at the official site

the-triad

they said they dropped the show
this is what they said
QUOTE We dropped Kaiji, so we decided to drop the site too. Merry Christmas.

<Kanna> Seriously, I waited 13 eps for a loli to appear. What the ****, Fukumoto?

Go cry at 4chan or something.
Torrents
IRC Channel: We dropped that too.
i hope they are just kidding!!!!

QUOTE (dbzkid @ Dec 25 2007, 12:09 AM) ok this dosnt look good at the official site

the-triad

this is what they said

whaaaaaaat
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

noooo its the only one i watch during exams

its one of my top five animes
they cant just dropp it after 12 episods
sad.gif

ARRRRGGHHH!! i love this show so much but episode 12 and 13 are angering me because of my knowledge of physics and the fact that even if there was an electric current in the beams the people wouldnt get shocked because their not grounded and unless one of em is michael jackson and wearing one glove then they wont get shocked but nonetheless im still going to wait in excitement until the next episode comes out
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ahmedas @ Dec 26 2007, 02:00 PM) whaaaaaaat
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

noooo its the only one i watch during exams

its one of my top five animes
they cant just dropp it after 12 episods
sad.gif

CRAP THEY DROPPED Kaiji NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!, thats terrable, but atleast the triad is subbing gunslinger girl! yo they better not be gay and do super slow subs!

Episode 15 is great and the anime seems to be going strong
biggrin.gif

Thanks for these great high quality uploads !

QUOTE (dbzkid @ Dec 25 2007, 12:09 AM) ok this dosnt look good at the official site

the-triad

this is what they said

Heyas,

QUOTE the-triad

This is why I refer to them as 'The Traitors' after they dropped "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS" (after ep. 1), and their snotty attitude to those who were previously loyal forum members/downloaders (including yours truly). Now, whilst "Ultimate Survivor Kaiji" doesn't interest me, these so-called 'subbers' have no right to treat people like this, especially when they stated previously that they'd never drop a series they sub (unless it is licenced, just as other groups do). After "MGLNStrikerS", it seems they don't learn from their mistakes. And I'm surprised they even picked up this series, considering the zero loli quotient in it.

misha san, zero loli quotient? Is that what matters in animes 'o what? I greatly dislike ecchi and loli animes and I am very happy there are such wonderful animes such as kaiji.

A for the show, one of the best animes ever. After every epi I was so pumped with adrenalin, I could barely sit.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Jan 21 2008, 07:44 AM) misha san, zero loli quotient?
Heyas,

Appollogies if you misconstrue my meaning. It's just that The Traitors are (in)famous for subbing animes that only contain lolis (mainly due to one of their number, Kanna, or 'Judas' or 'Quisling' as I refer to him; he's the Gary Glitter of fansubbers). Which is surprising really, considering "MGLNStrikerS" had two (Caro & Lutecia), but because it had too many 'Training' scenes', they decided to drop it. Apparently they're dropping "Gunslinger Girl II" for the same reason. Personally, I'd have preferred if the newer characters were Nanoha's age (19).

But I'm going OT. I've only seen pics of " Ultimate Survivor Kaiji" - why are the characters in this series SO ugly?! Kaiji & Akagi have had set-squares put where their noses should be. They could be technical artists with noses like those! (CLAMP could have done a better job, chara design-wise. As proved in "Code Geass").

Triad did not drop it that was a joke and note how the latest episode (at the moment) 15 is out ? thats a 4 episodes from 11!

Kaiji looks fine just watch it you will get adicted to the new style
smile.gif

Its good to have a change...

oh hi! I'm new... I like kaiji but It's not the end of the world when it's no-longer getting subbed ... It will be subbed in time... just have patients ppl! If anyone can remember, back in the 90's it was nearly impossible to get your hands on a good anime in North America... It would have to be bought by a television network before it would ever get subbed or dubbed....Stop whining! These people are doing you guys a favour by subbing any anime! Perhaps they just gave up on it... It's up to some random person who can translate japanese...These people probably don't care for kaiji as much as you... besides theres so many animes out there, It takes time and effort for very little reward... They probably decided they wanted to sub only certain series due to time constraints and whatnot... You people don't give these subbers nearly enough credit for their hard work!!!
blink.gif

personally I've nevar been to triad so I wouldn't know what they've done... I stick to my old pal tosho...

Mod's Note: Welcome to FTV. Please do NOT double post. Use the Edit button next time.

Oh God, Kaiji is frustrating, why doesn't he just leave with the money before he looses another ear!

Don't get me wrong im really interested in the series, the fact that the characters are "UGLY" doesn't really matter, if they were all cutesy that would be sickening (imagine a loli faced punk bleeding all over
sleep.gif
) because its all story and plot, but its getting on my nerves not knowing when its going to end.

Does anyone know how many Episodes will there be?

There are 26 episodes so only 3 more to go, but I do kinda feel the same. He should just leave things as is. It's kinda stupid to keep on going and this time around his plan with the tissue box doesn't seem to be as thought out as his previous plans. The other guys pointed out a couple errors in his plan pretty early on and it just doesn't seem to be put together as well.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back