Ultimate Survivor Kaiji (2007), Hakairoku-hen (2011) & Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa (2018)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Finally this one is over and just as I thought Kaiji won and Ichijou is busted. 1035 years of hard labor, he should be glad hes not immortal ^^

Just like Ryu I think next time will be the epilogue and maybe something bad happening to Kaiji again since the mange isnt over after the bog.

Btw today I watched the first movie. Until the Big Mans Road the movie was bad since it raced though everything so that all was far too short. But the Big Mans Road was very good and the E-Card game was just perfect. The way he defeated Tonegawa was superb.

Before I watched the movie I wasnt sure how to think of a femal Endou, but after watching it I have to say that was the best decision they made for movie since in my eyes it had a lot more impact. I totally loved her evilness and how she got all the money in the end. And she was one of the very few japanese who are actually really hot ^^

Summary of the more recent episodes:

KAIIIIIIIJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ICHIJOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

KAIJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ICHIJOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

Considering that the ED is a glimpse in the future (As far as I can tell, that girl is Sakazaki's daughter) i.e. after the bog arc, bad stuff probably won't happen to Kaiji at the end of this season. Actually now that I think about it, his situation in the ED is pretty bad.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Sep 21 2011, 10:23 AM) Just like Ryu I think next time will be the epilogue and maybe something bad happening to Kaiji again since the mange isnt over after the bog.
yup, as we feared Endo kept most of the 729,100,000 yen payout: minus Kaiji's total debt, some money for the supporters and Endo's crow interest leaves 568,120,000, initially shared evenly between them (189,370,000 each one, Kaiji gets the remaining 10,000 bill) but Endo takes additionally 127,850,000 from Kaiji with the contract he signed, running away with 466,960,000 and leaving Kaiji with only 61,530,000... if only Sakazaki "borrowed" the 20 million yen or more from the safe earlier for the Bog then Kaiji would keep his original share (or a lot more if he didn't ask Endo for his help at all) but as usual, shit happens to him ¬¬ as mentioned before is hard to tell if he is a genius, an idiot, a gamble junkie or too naive but what is evident he's a hell of a guy with defined moral and justice, good thing Mikoko only appeared in the ending though Sakazaki wanted to give his "precious" daughter to him, who obviously passed xD

best epilogue I have seen for a long while, it was Kaiji's happiest moment of his life (before Endo ruined it) and what I predicted above actually happened but it was surprising from him to ask an arrested Ichijou to come back and challenge him again (is he Sendo from Hajime no Ippo or what? xD), also I didn't expect him to free Ishida's son along with the 45 gang and one of Hyodo's men volunteerily gave him 30,000 to celebrate with them, the first season's opening theme was perfect in the credits... maybe I'm being too generous just like them but today my two favorite summer series ended and again I'll give another 10/10, those final episodes made my day (I'm sure a new season will follow up)
biggrin.gif

Even at the end it can surprise us. Not about Endoh, that was clear to happen, but that he saves the son of that on guy. Kaiji is too good, thats why he always loses in the end.

Im pretty sure all of the 7 45ers are back in the underground faster then they can even think.

Overall it wasa good season, but not as good as the first. Probably because the bog was taking to long to clear.

8/10 from me (first season was 9/10).

Kaiji Season 2...animating effectively series 2 of the manga that ran from 2000-2003. All I can say is way too long in dragging out the Bog arc. Seriously, I got sick of watching half recap half new footage each episode especially during the home stretch. Sure the cliffhangers were suspenseful but after a while I simply wanted to know how everything would turn out. The bog arc's problem also involved too many "happenings" that just made it dumb in the end. Kaiji was clearly going to be the winner in the end but it became a matter of how he won.

Overall, I'm not entirely disappointed with the series but I was hoping they would do a better job at pacing the chinchiro and pachinko arcs. The chinchiro arc really felt like a fluke after ending by episode 8. Heck, that's not even half the series yet.

Preliminary Score: 8/10
Final Score: 8/10

The next question now is will they animate the third series (2004-2008) or will they leave it dead like Akagi is.

I just watched the entire 1st season of the anime for the first time. Some parts of the anime made me sick especially the Tissue Box Lottery game, as I read a spoiler about it when I started downloading the 2nd season, so I knew that he was going to lose his fingers. As soon as I found out, I knew the old crook would cheat somehow but it's true what Kaiji said when he left him an opening to take advantage. Some parts of the anime made me grimace but it had to be done to show how awful and messed-up the world Kaiji lives in....obviously our world is most likely very similar.

The ending to the first season of Kaiji was excellent, I really want to see him defeat Hyoudou but I doubt that happens in the 2nd season.

I actually took a break after finishing episode 25 because I wanted to prepare myself and it wasn't as gory as I thought it would be. To be honest, I think the scariest thing was the whole eardrum being pierced thing, the repeated clip of it being churned by the device, that gave me the creeps, I was unsettled by that. The finger cutting thing reminded me of Higurashi's infamous nail-yanking scene. However, Higurashi is billions times more scarier and gorier than Kaiji was. However, Kaiji used atmosphere to get the audience/viewers unsettled such as the use of the "Zawa" noise.

I initially didn't watch this series because I though it was just plain gambling and not like Liar Game, but when I read more about Kaiji I got interested. Liar Game is amazing but probably not as cruel as Kaiji.

My rating for the 1st season is 10/10, I don't think I will watch this series again, its a bit too intense at times and has a few things that make me grimace.

Let's hope the 2nd season will keep me as entertained as the 1st season. I did the 1st season in like a day.
rolleyes.gif

Finally finished this anime. Best anime for me in 2011. No point beating around the bush, I give this series 9.5/10. Not as good or as iconic as the first anime series but it has something many contemporary anime lack. AT-MOS-PHERE.

For those, complaining about the bog being dragged out, it just goes to show many people have never been in a do or die situation, where a minute can feel like a day. The protracted relief at the end was spot on if you ask me.

Now onward to the live action film!

Titles: Mr. Tonegawa Middle Management Blues (Middle Manager Tonegawa)
Japanese: 中間管理録 トネガワ
Airing date: 3/7/2018 (3rd TV series, 24 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Action, Drama, Psychological, Parody, Seinen
Original creators: Tensei Hagiwara (spinoff manga) and Nobuyuki Fukumoto (Kaiji series)
Original character designers: Tomohiro Hashimoto and Tomoki Miyoshi
Director: Keiichiro Kawaguchi
Written by: Mitsutaka Hirota
Music by: Takahiro Yamada
Character designer and chief animation director: Haruhito Takada
Sound director: Kisuke Koizumi
Color design by: Harue Ono
Editing by: Mariko Tsukatsune
Studio: Madhouse
Network: Nippon TV (AnichU)
Opening theme: "Sassoku to Hashiru Tonegawa-kun" by Gesu no Kiwami Otome
Ending theme: "Okitegami" by Pistol Takehara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOWyCZbcZtU
Main cast: Yukio Tonegawa (利根幸雄) voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (S3) and Hakūryū (S1)
Kenji Yamazaki (山崎二) voiced by Wataru Hatano
Jirō Saemonsaburō (佐衛門郎二朗) voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki
Ebitani (海谷) voiced by Taku Yashiro
Toshimasa Kawasaki (川崎政) voiced by Kōtarō Nishiyama
Nakata (田) voiced by Daiki Hamano
Gonda (田) voiced by Rikiya Koyama
Kōji Dōshita (堂下次) voiced by Takuya Eguchi
Keiichi Ogino (荻野一) voiced by Akira Ishida
Junichi Hagio (萩尾一) voiced by Kengo Kawanishi
Nagata (田) voiced by Chiharu Sawashiro
Kikuchi (地) voiced by Takaya Aoyagi
Kazutaka Hyōdō (兵藤尊) voiced by Masane Tsukayama
Supporting cast: Ataru Yaotome (八乙女中) voiced by Takuma Terashima
Saeko Nishiguchi (西口冴子) voiced by Rena Maeda
Masayan (まさやん) voiced by Akio Ohtsuka
Narration (ナレーション) by Jay Kabira
Previous protagonists: Kaiji Itō (伊藤開司) voiced by Masato Hagiwara
Yūji Endō (遠藤勇次) voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda (S3) and Naoya Uchida (S1-2)
2nd season antagonists: Seiya Ichijō (一条聖也) voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
Yoshihiro Kurosaki (黒崎義裕) voiced by Atsushi Miyauchi (S3) and Kenyu Horiuchi (S2)

Synopsis: Teiai Group is one of Japan's largest firms. Yukio Tonegawa, a man with a larger-than-life presence and sharp intellect, works as the right-hand man of Chairman Kazutaka Hyodo. One day, the chairman commands Tonegawa to spearhead "Game of Death," an evil project that employs debtors. He rallies his direct reports and scrambles to form Team Tonegawa, only to encounter a barrage of challenges from the erratic chairman and his disloyal employees, ultimately leading to his demotion.

Chūkan Kanriroku Tonegawa is a spin-off of the Kaiji series, which follows Tonegawa, the right hand man of Kazutaka Hyoudou, the president of the Teiai Corporation and owner of numerous gambling tournaments. After Hyoudou is getting bored with his life, he orders Tonegawa to organize a so called "game of death" as it is his and his subordinate's job to keep the president in a good mood. Tonegawa must cooperate with his subordinates in order to make the president happy and what follows is a humorous story of his interactions with his subordinates and other characters of the Kaiji series.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back