Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
Btw guys have any of you play the trails series?
Trails is what got me into Falcom. Played 1+2 of ToCS on my Vita. Now I'm mostly a PC game so I've decided to play through all of Sky, then go through Steel from start to finish.

Trails is what got me into Falcom. Played 1+2 of ToCS on my Vita. Now I'm mostly a PC game so I've decided to play through all of Sky, then go through Steel from start to finish.
Crossbell series is peak. Another bonus is it also ties in with cold steel 1 and 2 well. Crossbell saga will also help you understand Juna better should you decide to play Cold Steel 3 and 4.

Crossbell series is peak. Another bonus is it also ties in with cold steel 1 and 2 well. Crossbell saga will also help you understand Juna better should you decide to play Cold Steel 3 and 4.
Know all that but I'm one of those suckers who's waiting for official releases instead of the fan translations so I'm happy skipping the Crossbell duology. That being said the pace I'm going they may actually get localised by the time I get there.

What do you think ofthe upcomong one not being turn based?

Hia, the two Crossbell games were by far one of the best games I have ever played. The fan translation is also top notch. I usually also prefer official releases but chances that those ever get official releases are very slim. I think you should reconsider this one, because if you skip those you'll miss out of some peak quality content.
I usually prefer turn based combat, that's why I haven't tried Ys yet. I actually don't like that decision but I trust Nihon Falcom to still deliver a good game.

Know all that but I'm one of those suckers who's waiting for official releases instead of the fan translations so I'm happy skipping the Crossbell duology. That being said the pace I'm going they may actually get localised by the time I get there.

Like Jun said it is doubtful we get an offical English release of the Crossbell series. Plus even if we do it is likely to be years and years in the future. It is a very good game so I advice you get the fan translated version and not miss out. My ultimate hope is they create a remake of Crossbell but I think that is just wishful thinking on my part. Falcom have too many plates to spin with future trails games, Ys and even perhaps a Tokyo Xanadu sequel...

If you are referring to Kuro no Kiseki then from what I understand battles will be incorporated into main field exploration. What is more you can change between command action mode (turn based combat) and field action mode (as the name says) on the fly. Here is a video that showcases how this happens:

Last edited:
kiseki-series-15th-anniversary-art-crop-feature.png

In a similar vein to the previous Ys thread this topic will focus on Falcom's other major franchise the Trails of series. This consists of three main storylines the Trails in the Sky arc. The second arc is the Crossbell series which is made up two games which are Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki. The next arc is Trails of Cold Steel which consists of four games. There are games after Cold Steel, one is Hajimari no Kiseki and from my understanding it is a transitionary game between the Cold Steel series and the new subsequent arc. The latest game which is due to for release in Japan is Kuro no Kiseki.

Unlike Ys, these games are connected and whilst new fans can start on each arc without worrying about the previous games that went before it, it is recommended that if you do start a game you either start from the first game in a given arc rather than bang in the middle. If for example you start on Cold Steel 2 not only only will you be spoiled but there will be parts of the story you won't get as it was covered in the previous game.

Some hardcore fans will insist you need to start at the beginning but I don't think Trails in the Sky is required playing for Crossbell or the Cold Steel series. Saying that if you want to understand everything it is best to play all the games in chronological order. I will note the link between the Crossbell and Cold Steel is stronger than Trails in the Sky (although it should be noted Trails in the Sky does foreshadow events in Cold Steel IV). If all this sounds confusing just either post in this thread or send me a pm. The games are real good so I recommend playing them all but just be sure to stock up on Redbulls and coffee it is an enjoyable but loooong ride.

Here is the order you should play if you want to go into this mad journey:

Trails of the Sky Arc - (Estelle, Joshua and Kevin as the main protagonists)
1- Trails in the Sky part 1
2 - Trails in the Sky part 2
3 - Trails in the Sky part 3

Crossbell Arc - (Lloyd as the main protagonist)
4 - Zero no Kiseki (Trails of Zero)
5 - Ao no Kiseki (Trails of Azure)

Cold Steel Arc - (Rean as the main protagonist)
6 - Trails of Cold Steel 1
7 - Trails of Cold Steel 2

Note: Events in Crossbell and the first two Cold Steel games cover a very small time window with some scenes actually overlaping between the games meaning you could play Cold Steel 1 and 2 then jump onto Crossbell or vice-versa.

8 - Trails of Cold Steel 3
9 - Trails of Cold Steel 4

10 - Hajimari no Kiseki (Trails into Reverie)
11 - Kuro no Kiseki

Last edited:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1624567433808.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624567433808.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 176
  • FB_IMG_1624567436499.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624567436499.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 178
  • FB_IMG_1624567439218.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624567439218.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 173
  • FB_IMG_1624567441485.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624567441485.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 179
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back