To Aru Majutsu no Index III

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 16 2011, 10:27 AM) So Agnese is the enemy again? Or an allie? And why does she wear so strange nun-sm-style clothers?
It might have something to do with how she fights by my guess. As for her being an ally or not I may guess that she might just help him out since Touma did say that she might help him out the next time he did meet her though.

The best part would be was when Touma found oout that both doors were both actually showers. For some reason he really is unfortunate, but at the same time very much so. I mean heck with him explaining on how Misaka made him go to the folk dance with her only to be dropkicked by Kuriko in the Prologue or so made my day.

Having blown through the first 14 episodes, I must say that I'm currently more impressed with the sequel than I thought I was going to be. While it does irritate me that Touma solves everything by punching someone and that Index is still not really a "main" character despite being the titular character, the show is definitely more engaging than the prequel. The enemy is extremely clear this season, i.e. the Roman Church.

The only off episodes so far this season are the first episode and I believe episodes 6 and 7 (the Misaka Sisters episodes). The latter set was definitely very interesting and provided additional "closure" to the Sisters arc from the first season, but definitely felt more Railgun-ish than anything else. Heck I think it probably would have fit better in To Aru Kagaku no Railgun had they animated it there but I guess there wasn't much choice since the actual arc was in the "Index" franchise.

As for the most recent episode, The Roman Church is once again the enemy as it seems. I had a feeling that Agnes was going to show up again at some point, but whether or not she'll be an enemy is another issue. Chances are she'll be an ally here. Either way it's too early to say how this arc will proceed, but my guesses are that the fleet of ships plan to attack England/Church of England head on. As we all know, this isn't going to work too well
tongue.gif
I am still more interested in what Aleister Crowley said about making his move as well as Touma's Imagine Breaker. Hopefully they dive deeper into this later this season.

I was kinda impressed with Touma in the last episode. He heard that somebody was having a shower, and he DIDN'T BARGE IN like 99% of anime males do! Granted he did walk in on Orsola showering, but at least he thought it over beforehand and didn't think there could be two bathrooms adjacent from one another. But as he pointed it out, WHY DIDN'T HE KNOCK!? Why doesn't anyone knock in these shows??
Sorry guys, I seem to be focusing on nothing else but the bath scenes this week. In this show and in Yumekui Merry.
rolleyes.gif

Otherwise, I was really bored at the beginning of the episode. Index and Touma tour Italy.......yay? Index is being her usual glutton self... not funny?
Orsola's pasta looked damn delicious though, which made me crave for some good Italian food.
It did get more exciting near the end though with the Ice-like Ships randomly appearing all over the place. I hope we're in for another good story arc.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 18 2011, 12:49 AM) While it does irritate me that Touma solves everything by punching someone...
You pretty much put your finger on the main problem with the series. Touma's ability is too boring. One of the most important elements for any superpower show is for the main character to have an interesting ability. Darker than Black's Hei, and Railgun's Misaka, for example, can both keep you interested during the fight scenes because you never know quite what they're going to use their abilities to do. With Touma, he's just going to keep running forward until he can punch them, while canceling whatever their ability is. There's nothing else he's capable of doing. The show gets around that a bit by its heavy use of side-characters, like Stiyl, in combat, but I can't stop myself from hoping that they'll do something to change Touma's ability to make it more interesting =(

We still don't even really know WHY it works. The magicians say he's not a magician, and the espers say he's a level 0 (not an esper). We got some hints last season that it might be a divine power, and that it wasn't complete, but that hasn't really gone anywhere yet =(

I found the prologue of the episode pretty funny. Touma is such an unfortunate person
QUOTE (julezia)at least he thought it over beforehand and didn't think there could be two bathrooms adjacent from one another. But as he pointed it out, WHY DIDN'T HE KNOCK!?
I probably would done the same thing he did: Look over the facts, over-analyze the situation and make a choice that makes sense forgetting about a simple solution until it's too late. No one would ever think that there would be two bathrooms next to each other.

I'm definitely enjoying this new arc a hell of a lot more than the previous one. The preivious one dragged on forever, with like 4-5 eps of them doing basically the exact same thing...chasing Miss Promiscuous around. This one, just 2 eps in, seems to have more plot movement than the entire previous arc. One thing that bothers the hell out of me though...why doesn't his right hand destroy the ships? Giant plot hole right there, he's even touched them multiple times.

Oh, and random out of place nun wardrobes for the win. They really don't fit at all, but they sure do look nice. The two blonde nuns dresses look sorta like Shizuha Aki's from Touhou.

Ok, I'm going to drop my two cents on this on-going question of why Touma can't destroy the ships. According to the novels, when touching the ships, they can't be destroyed because they regenerate too quickly. This works on the same principle that Innocentius works on, for those that watched the first season, specifically the fight between Touma and Stiyl. For those that forgot, Innocentius was the fire demon/golem thing that Stiyl summons to attack Touma when he was trying to re-acquire Index.

Later in the series there will be additional fights where his attack can not completely engulf the enemy's attack/construct, so it will drive my point home.

Unlike wedora I dont really like the arc, mostly of all that bs with Agnese. In the first arc Agnese almost kicked Orsola to death and tried to kill Touma and now they are all head over heels to save her? Oh come on, at least be a bit human if you are humans.
And now Index is back and annyoing as ever -.-

Only good thing is that the Roman Church gets bashed and that Lucia is pretty hot. But that was it.
Oh and despite Iwase beein hot shes annoying too with her damn towels -.-

I think Iwase is adorable in how she tries to get closer to Touma in subtle ways, but she's so shy. I like how the other Amakusa are cheering her on in the background
happy.gif

This arc is good, like others have mentioned the previous one dragged on for too long. With this one, there is lots of action which I like. Why save Agnese? Ironically it is the Christian thing to do, reach out and help those in need even if they were once your enemies.

I don't mind Index, sometimes I even think she is cute, but she bites Touma's head way too much. It's not even funny anymore, just annoying.
Thanks destroyah for explaining why Touma can't destroy the ships. The show should have made reference to that, like isn't the easiest method to defeat the fleet just by having Touma touch all the ships? But instead they just ignored that completely. Well who knows maybe they will explain that in the next episode.

Episode 16 was nice enough. Sadly the major part of it namely the fights weren't that great. Touma just stomping with his right hand all the time is getting somewhat tedious. The only thing that was new was when he suddenly used his left hand
blink.gif
. Since this is the highlight of the fights it sure explains why i didn't like the fights.
Some of the conversations were good but not exceptional compared to earlier episodes. The thing i feared when this part of the series started came true in this episode: Touma as a main character is just too predictable to keep the attention. Index feels useless in fights. The writers really need to add the other "stronger" characters near them to keep the interest. Fortunately the next episode Mikoto is back and having her near the two sure helps a lot
biggrin.gif

Ok in the end this episode did end the way it normally would have. And that would be Touma ending up in a hospital. Ironically enough he gets transported back to Academy City all because of his ability.

Also, to make matter worse the Catholic Church is forcing its hand, ro should I say the magicians are forcing the Chruch's hand to investigate, and possbily kill Touma it seems. From my guess Misaka might acually get dragged into the magic side of this.

Although in the end I get this feeling that people are going to complain and ask for more Misaka and the other girls again. By that I sense a Railgun season two around the corrner.
tongue.gif

This arc felt really rushed. It was a lot worse than the previous one.

But at lest we now get into the real hardcore stuff WWIII because of Vento .
And we get to see Seiri again. Shes still the best that happened this season. Even though Orsola and Oriana were nice too, but not even near Seiri.

This latest ep is probably one of my favorites in the series so far. Not a lot of plot development (until the end) but the character interactions were golden.

I can't even decide on what my favourite part was: was it when the sisters being surprised that one of the clones is slightly different in size or when Kuroko and Touma were both fanning Misaka making her skirt fly up or Touma and Misaka trying to take a cell phone picture together imitating a couple while looking incredibly awkward
laugh.gif

I probably liked it a lot because it featured all of my favourite characters in the show: Misaka, Last Order and Accelerator. It was great when Accelerator walked in on the girls taking a bath, and only Last Order freaked out about being seen naked. The others were like, oh well.... big deal. Such a refreshing reaction!
I wonder whats going to happen now that the "revolution" has started. I can't wait for next week!

Indeed a good episode with the sisters and Misaka in a nice role. Touma and Misaka together was fun to watch and hopefully we get a lot more of those scenes. The bathscene was an improvement pitted against a lot of other bathscenes. The reactions were very good. Accelerator is just a kid and is treated that way. Last order really is a good match with him until now. He really needs something to protect..

Well with episode 17 it pretty much came down to the whole Misaka is trying everything to get Touma to accept the punishment game she declaired in the Daihasai Fesival Arc. Although it seems like there were a lot of things getting in her way, such as a certain yuri teleporter of course.

Aside from all of that it was nice to see how the Misaka Imoutos were trying to adjust to thier new roles. Also, noticing that one of the group actually decided to go on a diet for some reason which was a good bit. Although the best one would be with Misaka Misaka (Last Order) pretty much tricked one of the Imoutos into obtainning her goggles.

So with that in mind it looks like we're in for a huge problem within th eMisaka Network it would seem now.

A really great ep. But it couldnt have been otherwise. I mean we got Seiri, Aiho and Laura (ok only in the preview) so where was little to no chance of it beeing bad, since except for Saten and Kiyama 3 of the top women in this franchise were there.
But I wonder why they are making that much difference between Railgun and Index. I mean why not show Saten and whats with the lousy atmosphere between Misaka and Uiharu even though they should be best friends for a long time already at this time.

Seiri kicking down Tsuchimikado, Touma and that other guy was defenitely the best part. And with their more than just stupid approach they deserved more than just that.

The Misaka sisters where nice too, especially at the end. "The time for revolution has come." What the hell just happened? Such a twist. My guess is that the googles are some kind seal so that the Misaka sisters arent going out of control like it now seems to be happening. Or shes just playing what could be possible too.

Accelerator walking into the bathroom was nice too, even though it was totally predictable when he said the word "bathroom". And finally a normal reaction so you can really see the difference between kids and selfconfident adults. Too bad this isnt a ecchi show since we wouldve seen more of Aiho and Kikyou.

The couple Touma/Misaka were a nice refreshing from the annoying and old Touma/Index couple.

Great too was how Accelerator and Misaka Misaka wer unintentionally making fun of Komoe.

And next time wet Laura. Im looking soooooooooooo forward to that its almost impossible.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 08 2011, 01:29 PM) A really great ep. But it couldnt have been otherwise. I mean we got Seiri, Aiho and Linda (ok only in the preview) so where was little to no chance of it beeing bad, since except for Saten and Kiyama 3 of the top women in this franchise were there.

Kiyama is one of the top women of the Railgun franchise? Really?
tongue.gif
Well she is a fun character anyway. I also don't know why they don't show Saten if they are showing Uiharu.... maybe Saten wasn't in the original Index novels?

I was also wondering for awhile why the Misaka sisters wear the goggles, maybe now we will get an explanation for that.
You know I kinda feel bad for Touma, all the girls that like him abuse him in some way: Biribiri with her shocks, Index biting his head, and Seiri kicking him down. The only ones who don't hurt him are Aisa and Itsuwa.

Of course shes one of the top women. Shes hot, has a strong will and does what she thinks is the right thing even though it would mean beeing the bad guy or going against something thats more powerful than her.

Yes Saten isnt in the Index-novels, but why? Sure the Railgun-spinoff is only there because of Misakas fanbase from the Index-novels but its not as if it was difficult to add her or to change the relationship of Uiharu and Misaka to how it should be at that time. Its not really a change from the original material that people would go on a rampage about, more likely the opposite.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 08 2011, 08:21 AM) Of course shes one of the top women. Shes hot, has a strong will and does what she thinks is the right thing even though it would mean beeing the bad guy or going against something thats more powerful than her.

Yes Saten isnt in the Index-novels, but why? Sure the Railgun-spinoff is only there because of Misakas fanbase from the Index-novels but its not as if it was difficult to add her or to change the relationship of Uiharu and Misaka to how it should be at that time. Its not really a change from the original material that people would go on a rampage about, more likely the opposite.
They'd have to shoehorn saten in pretty hard, and even then it'd still feel forced. She fit well in railgun due to the more school-life setting and misakas desire to be more of a normal person, but index is full of powerful people doing really dangerous things on a much wider scale. She'd end up being a third wheel and only take focus away from the main plot.

Im not talking about giving her a major role but something like with Uiharu. Just showing her sometimes.
But after all even Misaka feels totally different in Index than in Railgun. I cant really describe it but thats just how I see it.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back