The forums are dead, and we gotta fix this!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Didn't bother to read the thread. Just gonna leave my own oppion.

I like the site, and I get all my anime here, But I find the monitors to be restrictive on on speech. It would be nice is the rules were a little more lax.

Thats all for me

restrictive on speech?
blink.gif
we dont say what you can or cannot discuss, just be respectful and mindful of other people. and the other rules apply to spaming and useless one liners. if one liners are really all you want to say, Team Speak will work well for you. the forums are for discussion and debate and both require more than one liners.

QUOTE (samthebear @ Nov 22 2009, 09:15 PM) restrictive on speech?
blink.gif
we dont say what you can or cannot discuss, just be respectful and mindful of other people. and the other rules apply to spaming and useless one liners. if one liners are really all you want to say, Team Speak will work well for you. the forums are for discussion and debate and both require more than one liners.
I've had 5 post closed and deleted on me for different reason. Some I still don't know why they've been closed and deleted.

I think your alternative personality knows why your posts have been deleted and what not. Just in case you've missed it, here it is.

QUOTE QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Nov 13 2009, 06:55 PM) You might want to tell the people visiting the link that the site is NSFW. Sankaku is a pretty interesting place but it is definitely not for minors.

Half my post get deleted from swearing or breaking the rules. I don't censor my self. So usually something like that will slip... all the time.

Lol...I ain't seen Sammy in a really long time.....good to see you.
biggrin.gif

I just saw this post and I think I've been rambling about this as soon as I became slightly more active on this site from October. I think the main reason is that anime that are currently airing the past few seasons, most of them have been simply boring and crappy, with only a few exceptions.
rolleyes.gif

My hopes are pinned on all the possible discussions that can take place next year because the anime line-up for next year is VERY VERY AWESOME!!
biggrin.gif

The best way to get new members is just spreading the word through other forums and other anime-related sites.....just mention that there's an awesome site and its www.fansub.tv......put a link and make them click it.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (NeoScott @ Nov 22 2009, 10:02 PM) I've had 5 post closed and deleted on me for different reason. Some I still don't know why they've been closed and deleted.
while i don't agree with your definition of restrictive speach rulings.

I do agree that it would be nice if a notification was sent out whenever you are banned or a topic closed... just so you know why....

for example i was banned from the self service for using Koushin Scheduler. I still have to guess that the reason is because you are downloading more than one file at the same time, but it's a guess since you don't get a notification... or anything just so you know what not to do again.

If a post is deleted by a mod (or a sempai in the supprot area) then its due to something beyond a warning level, ie its total spam or its offensive. Since my time here I haven't see anything which I would say is heavy handed, and I find everyone here to be rather tollerent. If you really have had 5 posts deleted without anyone sending you a PM, then may I suggest you have a proper read of the rules, they are quite clear what is and what isnt allowed, and for such actiion you must have done a whopper of a rule break.

Speaking of rules. @JCD - isn't your signature a little excessive?
QUOTE (Signature Rules)
"All links in signatures must be to safe sites. Placing images behind spoiler tags is not an acceptable solution for signatures which violate the rules stated above. In other words if you have more content in spoiler tags then the rules allow we will remove it (exception for text only)." Linked Here

On the file download banning, that is a different process, and it has been said time and time again, people cannot be banned by using Koushin - the whole point of it is to manage your downloads so you dont get banned, it allows 2 files to download at once as well. The only way to get a ban is to use the direct link for manual download AND use multiple connections. Its really not rocket science and I personally cant see how people manage to have such a problem. However, for the people that do, they can go in the support forum and explain the situation to a mod and if appropriate get unbanned.

Now something which is perhaps more relevant, and thinking about what Emi posted above about the recent topics, I was looking at the front page a lot the other day, and actually its not very clear what forum topics are "hot". Yes its there, but it dosnt really stand out much against all the other activity. Its basically the entire right hand side of the page, yet it dosnt seem to draw you in, I wonder if maybe something could be done there to make it a bit more eye catching?

I love the anime series pages however, with the screen caps and the forum posts under it, thats just awesome and its one of my favourite parts of the site.

Wow.....you just wanna pick a war with me little one.
tongue.gif
Why on earth did you bring that up....plus its in spoilers....so its not breaking any rules. WAIT..........why do you even CARE ?!?!?!?!?!?!
mad.gif
You really should get off your high-horse.
dry.gif
Lolz...I'm pissed.
dry.gif

Firstly, Maiku...ur not a mod so you don't know how many posts are being deleted and what not in other sections......and even in the support section, you won't what happened for what reason.
wink.gif
Concerning post deletions...lets not bring it up in this discussion....since this thread's purpose is more on the lines of revival.
wink.gif
I know its one of the setbacks when ppl find out that their post is being deleted but tbh its something that can't be changed since at the end of the day, its the mod who's doing it and we don't have control over it....plus one might think a specific point is spam and another might find it that its acceptable. I don't agree about the excessive pattern of swearing in post but one or 2 in a post don't really do much harm but when I do that, I normally change one of the letters of the swear words to a symbol. An example is b*tch.
laugh.gif

About the hot topics....tbh....there really aren't any to be considered "HAWT" unfortunately.
wink.gif

JCD, Maiku is not picking a fight with you. If you read the rules, your signature does in fact violate them, grossly. A spoiler tag does not prevent the pictures from loading when someone opens the page, it only hides them until the button is pressed. Part of the reason for such a rule is to limit the bandwidth requirements for opening a page. If the rules were being enforced completely, you would find your signature gone, instead of merely commented on.

If you dislike the rules, please petition to have them changed, instead of getting angry at people who point out the fact you broke them.

If either of you hold a personal grudge against the other, please leave it out of the forums.

WTF.....I haven't called anyone names...please read the post properly.
wink.gif

I now know the reason why this board is a dead zone.
dry.gif

Then I guess it was just coincidence that the only two bolded words in your post were Maiku's name and the unneccessary example of swearing you used. My apoligies.

I formally withdraw my accusation of you calling people names, I was mistaken.

QUOTE (nomae @ Nov 23 2009, 08:58 PM) Then I guess it was just coincidence that the only two bolded words in your post were Maiku's name and the unneccessary example of swearing you used. My apoligies.
Nomae....I always do bold for ppl's usernames and the other was an example of how I would use profound language in these boards but of course I only use them when I think its needed.....u can claim that never really is a need but sometimes an anime series can really make you feel that you have to use vulgar words to get your point across.....if you know what I mean.
tongue.gif

Haha. At some level, I'd like to think that we as a general anime-watching group here have become a little more sophisticated in terms of what we watch, what we discuss and what we want to get across. Perhaps I'm wrong about it, but I think the current lineup of shows just aren't as interesting as the ones that we've been watching before.

Chiisai-hana's idea of group watching videos sounds good. I remember the days where "Daft's Anime Hours" were held and like 10 of us would watch some anime streaming from my computer. That was some good stuff that probably needs to be revived at some level. 10 of us on teamspeak making random-ass comments and laughing our asses off was a lot of fun.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 23 2009, 05:47 PM) Haha. At some level, I'd like to think that we as a general anime-watching group here have become a little more sophisticated in terms of what we watch, what we discuss and what we want to get across. Perhaps I'm wrong about it, but I think the current lineup of shows just aren't as interesting as the ones that we've been watching before.

Chiisai-hana's idea of group watching videos sounds good. I remember the days where "Daft's Anime Hours" were held and like 10 of us would watch some anime streaming from my computer. That was some good stuff that probably needs to be revived at some level. 10 of us on teamspeak making random-ass comments and laughing our asses off was a lot of fun.
I remember doing that once with Sugar Sugar Rune. It was actually pretty fun to do that and go off on the show Mystery Science Theatre style.

Yup I do remember that and I think I was watching Hills Have Eyes 2 with Noob once via this method.
rolleyes.gif
It was good but its also limited as not many actually join TS.....well even me for example....I just don't go to TS anymore....I usualyl end up checking random, sankaku, MAL or some other site.
rolleyes.gif
Its a good idea but will take time for us to see the results.
rolleyes.gif

I think would be better after a friend told me about is giving more power to mods, so that they can change the "face" of FTV literally.....Emi would be awesome if she had the chance to re-vamp and pretty much graphically pimp up the frontpage, which seems somewhat dull to me....I never look at it and just jump straight into the forums.
wink.gif

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 23 2009, 09:47 PM)Chiisai-hana's idea of group watching videos sounds good. I remember the days where "Daft's Anime Hours" were held and like 10 of us would watch some anime streaming from my computer. That was some good stuff that probably needs to be revived at some level. 10 of us on teamspeak making random-ass comments and laughing our asses off was a lot of fun.
Now that would be cool, to watch it literally with everyone, how did you manage to stream to everyone before? We could put something on the server to split up the stream, so from source to server from server to whoever wants to watch? Or have you got some awesome speed net connection at home? lol VLC and VLM can do it, although not tried it before.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 23 2009, 03:47 PM) Haha.  At some level, I'd like to think that we as a general anime-watching group here have become a little more sophisticated in terms of what we watch, what we discuss and what we want to get across.  Perhaps I'm wrong about it, but I think the current lineup of shows just aren't as interesting as the ones that we've been watching before. 

Chiisai-hana's idea of group watching videos sounds good.  I remember the days where "Daft's Anime Hours" were held and like 10 of us would watch some anime streaming from my computer.  That was some good stuff that probably needs to be revived at some level.  10 of us on teamspeak making random-ass comments and laughing our asses off was a lot of fun.
I hate to jump in like this, but are you implying that you might, just might, be not busy enough to do that again?

no *cough* H please.

I've also noticed that there have been problems with anime getting uploaded lately; it used to be pretty fast before, but now it lags 1-3 days behind other sites' releases, and there's no screenshots for many of the releases as well. That may be one of the big reasons why people don't come to the forums.

I never realised, it is so much trouble to keep a site alive. I always believed the anime would keep the site busy whether the owner comes here or not. It might have something to do with the anime declining though. It probably is a combination of both. However, as much as I like Daft to stick around and entertain us, I dont think his absence is the main problem here. Either way, I wouldnt mind, if the good ol´ days came back.
smile.gif

Truth be told i didn't knew of this
QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 23 2009, 03:47 PM)
I remember the days where "Daft's Anime Hours" were held and like 10 of us would watch some anime streaming from my computer. That was some good stuff that probably needs to be revived at some level. 10 of us on teamspeak making random-ass comments and laughing our asses off was a lot of fun.

i know of at least 3-5 non members that would love the idea of getting into a stream and watching a movie with a group... if you can manage to get the schedules flexible then traffic seems sure to raise (and by you i mean possibly not you in person, but the sempais and others involved in the backbone of the site)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back