The forums are dead, and we gotta fix this!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (franzoir @ Nov 17 2009, 02:27 PM)
I myself have been wondering maybe its time i stop watching anime simply because i dont get the same feeling i use to in my teens. I wouldnt be surprise if other people have the same thoughts. Therefore if your not watching anime, there is not much purpose coming FTV.
This so much. I made a post about this on my blog a while back - nothing out there right now has really grabbed me. Instead, I've moved onto Asian dramas and pop music.

But on that note, does any have interest in picking 1-2 series to watch or rewatch as a "group" project? Something fairly general that can appeal to the most people. I know there are a lot of classics I've never watched. We could make an unofficial "anime club" via the forums if people are interesting in striking up discussion. There's the problem of licensing ... but if we all have access to older shows off DVDs/hard drives, it could work? An episode a week shouldn't be too hard for people to keep up with, especially since it is a busy time of year with school coming to an end and holidays getting into gear.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Nov 17 2009, 05:29 PM)QUOTE (franzoir @ Nov 17 2009, 02:27 PM)
But on that note, does any have interest in picking 1-2 series to watch or rewatch as a "group" project? Something fairly general that can appeal to the most people. I know there are a lot of classics I've never watched. We could make an unofficial "anime club" via the forums if people are interesting in striking up discussion. There's the problem of licensing ... but if we all have access to older shows off DVDs/hard drives, it could work? An episode a week shouldn't be too hard for people to keep up with, especially since it is a busy time of year with school coming to an end and holidays getting into gear.

Thats a neat idea. It very similar to a book club, where the members would read a book and then get together and discuss it. Im not sure exactly how many people it'll grab, but its DEFINITELY worth a shot! Nice job chiisai!
wink.gif

But rather than 1 or 2 animes, I think it might be best for us to pick 4 or 5, give members a synopsis of each show, and then we vote and see which one is the most popular, and we can get it going from there... What do you think?

QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 17 2009, 06:39 PM) But rather than 1 or 2 animes, I think it might be best for us to pick 4 or 5, give members a synopsis of each show, and then we vote and see which one is the most popular, and we can get it going from there... What do you think?
Oh yeah, definitely pick from a larger list! I just meant maybe pick two shows instead of one as the final option if we can't all agree. People with time can watch both, and people with less time/interest can just follow one.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Nov 17 2009, 05:42 PM)
Oh yeah, definitely pick from a larger list! I just meant maybe pick two shows instead of one as the final option if we can't all agree. People with time can watch both, and people with less time/interest can just follow one.

Alright! So we're on the right track here, now!
All we need now is a few volunteers who can help get it started.. pitch a few more ideas pertaining to it and how to go about setting it up.. and then we can create a topic or poll or something.. Although that still might make things complicated.. I mean after we finish one series, are we just gonna make a new topic with a new poll or what?

Like I said.. we need a few people to get on this ASAP.. I understand everyone's busy. but if everyone could contribute just a little bit, we can get this done in no time at all!

***EDIT***

Ok so, here's something thats.. REALLY bugging me.. People like to come here and read the entire topic.. and they see what we're trying to do.. however, they sill neglect posting.. or.. contributing to our cause.. I just.. I love it..
dry.gif

FTV has been pretty dead for just under a year. Old members stopped coming along to the site due to lack of interest. When i joined there were discussions everywhere and they were not full of facts the way recent discussion have needed to be.

Recently i've found myself reading through a thread and thought "hey, i should make a post." Then realised that the thread was full of facts and discussion around those which IMO put me completely off of posting. The last decent discussion i joined in was way back when Code geass R2's ending was hot.

As for ways to make FTV better, i like the idea of a whole change. Smartin the forums up a bit give them a muh needed update. (yes i find myself actually agreeing with emi
laugh.gif
) Keep the emoticons though they're simple but great looking.
cool.gif

I know this means Daft spening a few hours working on the site, which recently due to the servers failing he has been doing alot, but if he were to smarten the forums up a bit i think it would make FTV look more pleasing. I mean look at Nihonomaru's forums. They look better on the outside that FTv's. Time for a change i think so.

As far as other ideas i broguht up the same thing as chiisai in the other thread discussing this. if alot of people like it then im in. Also if people can't do anime i'd like to read a chapter of manga and then discuss that.

maybe ill think of more tomorrow but for now bed time XD.

Also koiji 550 x 200 is the sig size.
rolleyes.gif
I just had to.

Actually shinigamii, I was thinking the same thing with the manga.

A nice thing to change on the site, would be a new color scheme.. or color scheme options.. just to jazz it up a bit.

Yeah, Daft may need to put some more time into the site, but in the end it'll be all worth it.

And lol, thanks for the sig size.. I'll update that asap.
wink.gif

So, I think it's safe to say that we KNOW what we're gonna do. We have an idea, now we need to expand on it. This topic is more geared towards the input of multiple ideas. Now we need to refine the idea we have, which IMO requires the start of a new topic, or we need to find some other means of communication with one another.

So I move to create a small committee consisting of at least 5 members from FTV, who's sole purpose is to analyze this new idea we have, expand upon it, and create a scheme or steps to follow in order to achieve our goal.

Shinigamii has already offered his assistance, and so has chisaii. And if no one has any objections, I'd like to join in as well. So that gives us a grand total of 3. We need 2 more members who are actually going to be willing to work on this "project".

QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM)We need 2 more members who are actually going to be willing to work on this "project".
You mean chiisai's cool "anime club" idea? I'd be up for helping out with that.

I don't think it would be too much work getting it advertised, we could just put up a notice on a home page for a week or two... maybe add a link(s) to the episode(s) to watch that week, and bam! Even non-members can easily get the word, and join in if they're interested.

QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM)...who's sole purpose is to analyze this new idea we have, expand upon it, and create a scheme or steps to follow in order to achieve our goal.
...are you majoring is business management or something?
tongue.gif
lol, jk.

QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 18 2009, 08:11 AM)So I move to create a small committee consisting of at least 5 members from FTV, who's sole purpose is to analyze this new idea we have, expand upon it, and create a scheme or steps to follow in order to achieve our goal.

Shinigamii has already offered his assistance, and so has chisaii. And if no one has any objections, I'd like to join in as well. So that gives us a grand total of 3. We need 2 more members who are actually going to be willing to work on this "project".
I think the anime club is a great idea, i'd be into that as it would fill the gaps in my own anime knowledge. If you like J-zine could give some details of this new anime club on the back page (we need a 1 page filler item).

As for the forums, personally i like the style - its simple and it works. I'm not saying we cant add a new skin to it, but I dont think putting pics all over it is going to help - particually as the forums suffer a bit with the graphics as it is. What about using the "spring for fansub" colours ? Thats the theme used on the blogs when you use the fansub theme. Or maybe just get the fansub header put on top to brighten it up a bit?
I'm voting against a big forum change tho, its been pritty reliable and it has nice integration with the site, thats an inportant feature i think. While on the subject, anyone know who the girl on the top left is?

With regard missing anime, and as someone mentioned Hayate, (I purposely hosted that for FTV btw) the reason it wasnt added in here automatically was because animesuki listed it as licensed because it was on Crunchyroll.

I'm not sure a commitee is needed, this thread exists for that very purpose, FTV's future is important to everyone on here, so keeping it an open discussion in this forum is the best way, atleast thats my opinion. You'll need the support of Daft and the staff, but if you have that I'm always happy to help out FTV, so you can count me in if i'm likly to be useful.

I like the manga idea. We could always go with one anime and one manga.

So ... lol, I guess this means we better put our brainstorming hats on and start thinking about possible series? (This project sounds so much more thrilling than the essay I'm failing to write at the moment
tongue.gif
)

I suppose we could start a new thread in the General Discourse asking for series suggestions? I'm thinking it could be run something like the FTV awards. We'll take nominations for a couple days, compile a list of the most suggested, and then let people vote in a poll and pick #1. Since we want people to participate, we should keep it open to their input. Once we've decided what to watch/read, we just need a schedule and maybe some discussion points to get the talk going each week. And a banner to promote it on the mainpage?

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Nov 17 2009, 10:12 PM)
I think the anime club is a great idea, i'd be into that as it would fill the gaps in my own anime knowledge. If you like J-zine could give some details of this new anime club on the back page (we need a 1 page filler item).

That's actually a really good idea. I mean what better way to get the word out about our new club?

As for the forums, personally i like the style - its simple and it works. I'm not saying we cant add a new skin to it, but I dont think putting pics all over it is going to help - particually as the forums suffer a bit with the graphics as it is. What about using the "spring for fansub" colours ? Thats the theme used on the blogs when you use the fansub theme. Or maybe just get the fansub header put on top to brighten it up a bit?
I'm voting against a big forum change tho, its been pritty reliable and it has nice integration with the site, thats an inportant feature i think. While on the subject, anyone know who the girl on the top left is?

Well, I wasnt talking about anything huge.. just some nicer colors...
tongue.gif
I too, adore FTV's current setup.
wink.gif

And sorry.. no idea about the girl.. o_O...

I'm not sure a commitee is needed, this thread exists for that very purpose, FTV's future is important to everyone on here, so keeping it an open discussion in this forum is the best way, atleast thats my opinion. You'll need the support of Daft and the staff, but if you have that I'm always happy to help out FTV, so you can count me in if i'm likly to be useful.

No committee?! How dare you, sir?!
Hehe, just kidding!
biggrin.gif

But alright... that works.
And we'd be more than happy to have you help us!!!

Haven't read the thread but to me, the site's dead as well ! No updates from major fall series like Seitokai no Ichizon, InuYasha The Final Act (licensed ?), Sora no Otoshimo and others I don't like but would wish to see subbed cause it has always been my favourite tracker. And I so long to have Chi's Sweet Home - Atrashii Ouchi being subbed here !

Well that part was because one of the server drivers actually died on Daft for some reason. And with that he may need the funds to actually get a new driver so we can catch up with most of the anime series that's currently out there as of this moment.

Haha. One good thread and one good patch, and everything seems to be coming alive again. Hurray!

and the girl in the top left is known for this line... "______ BEAM !"

Her names Bertha... BE-be-be-be ERTHA BEAM !!!.

LOL Mikuru

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 18 2009, 02:49 PM) Haha. One good thread and one good patch, and everything seems to be coming alive again. Hurray!
I guess you can say it was just as planned then.
laugh.gif

In any case it's good to hear that you fixed a few things here and there. Hopefully we'll be able to catchup with all the episodes that are out there currently for the series tat we happen to be allowed to show.

I was really starting to wonder what was going on. It seemed like all the series I am following were never updated. Glad to hear it is being fixed.

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Nov 17 2009, 09:58 PM)QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM)We need 2 more members who are actually going to be willing to work on this "project".
You mean chiisai's cool "anime club" idea?  I'd be up for helping out with that.

I don't think it would be too much work getting it advertised, we could just put up a notice on a home page for a week or two... maybe add a link(s) to the episode(s) to watch that week, and bam!  Even non-members can easily get the word, and join in if they're interested.

QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM)...who's sole purpose is to analyze this new idea we have, expand upon it, and create a scheme or steps to follow in order to achieve our goal.
...are you majoring is business management or something?      lol, jk.

Dude, Im sorry! I totally never saw you're post! Ugh.. I feel so horrible now.. >.<..

But yeah thats what our project is!
wink.gif
And thank, we'll take all the help we can get!
smile.gif

And.. actually.. no..
tongue.gif
But Im pretty good with business stuff.. eh, everyones tells me I should be a business major rather than a doctor.. hell, I could even be a lawyer if I wanted to.. Im fricken fantastic!
wink.gif

QUOTE (shinigamii)Also koiji 550 x 200 is the sig size.   I just had to.

I fixed it.. JUST for YOU shinigamii!
biggrin.gif

Now, menlovemen, CHRIST! I love your username.. XD

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 18 2009, 01:49 PM)Haha.  One good thread and one good patch, and everything seems to be coming alive again.  Hurray! 

and the girl in the top left is known for this line...  "______ BEAM !"

Glad to see my efforts aren't in truth futile!
smile.gif

And I still dont get the left girl thing.. maybe im missing out on some anime... Idk..

Ok now for some seriousness. We've figured out what we want to do. Now we need to come up with a step by step plan as to how we're going to go about doing this.
For starters, is it safe to assume that our Anime club will go up in the Anime section and same thing for the Manga club?

Im also assuming we may have to create some rules for the 2 clubs unless FTV's general rules should cover everything.
And you know how the rules of each Board or thread or.. thing is posted at the very top of the list? Any way we can do that with the two clubs in each section, except it would kinda just have an explanation of what they are?
And finally, we decided we were gonna let members vote on about 5 anime that seemed pretty popular based on client el choice, so are we going to create a new topic everytime we have a new anime/manga that needs to be voted on? And where will the club discussions be held? In the topic I proposed earlier? OR else where?

OH HAI SUP GUISE WATS GOIN ON IN HERE

***EDIT***
@doofus123 you're kidding right? Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd appreciate it if you didnt edit my post and add in pointless comments for absolutely no reason at all.
Thank you.

It'd be awesome to bring life back to this forum. Despite me appearing out of the blue, I'm doing my part!
biggrin.gif

@koji: lulz. its doofus. what do you expect? just lol and go with the flow, or just delete the pointless comment.

Back on topic: tl;dr, whats this anime/manga club i'm hearing about? is there just going to be voting on favourite series of the month or are we planning something extra? =D btw - as with what some others have said before about the thoughtful section, the fastest way to get the forums alive again is to get the thoughtful section moving again - there're a few dead topics from years back which i think should be revived simply because no one bothered or wanted to discuss the topics brought up back then - so maybe someone would like to debate on those topics? who knows.

I remember saying this a while back. I said I would come back to FTV when teamspeak 3 came out. For those who don't get it, I'm more of a talker then a forum poster. I'd rather talk to people then type. Finally Teamspeak 3's on it's way. I'll be going there more or less most of the time when the open beta releases this December. Once again Jamjum will come back.
Also,
WHATS GOIN ON HERE GUIZ

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back