Suggestion: Konfabulator Widget

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Clowd

-san
Kouhai
Hey, i know this is entirely possible "i have other RSS reader widgets", but i dont know if anyone would be willing to make it.

What i would like to see is a Konfabulator Widget for Fansub.tv . In the widget it would hook up to the RSS, and show the latest 5 episodes.

(ive tried to code this before, but ive got no knowledge of anything higher then QBASIC, so XML and JS are a bit ahead of me)

i could give that a try, but i have too many projects to work on at the moment.. i might give it a go at some point though
wink.gif

QUOTE (Clowd @ Dec 18 2006, 01:53 AM) What i would like to see is a Konfabulator Widget for Fansub.tv . In the widget it would hook up to the RSS, and show the latest 5 episodes.
Not sure I follow what you mean. Do you mean to simply list the latest episodes of your RSS feed? Because that is what the watchlist feature does.

I would want it to show the latest from the defaul rss.
And have clickable links on it that will open youre browser and take you to the site
EG:(you look at the widget and you see the link
Mama is a 4th Grader 5, 170.0mb, SD Project

Mama is a 4th Grader 5
By SD Project
Filesize: 170.0mb.

you could click that link and it would take you to that page,(opens up default browser, then opens it to the link)

QUOTE (Clowd @ Dec 18 2006, 09:45 AM) you could click that link and it would take you to that page,(opens up default browser, then opens it to the link)
Now you lost me. What kind of widget are you talking about? I thought you meant a web widget that would display RSS content on FTV. But that means your browser is already open on FTV!

Are you talking about a standalone application like a RSS reader? If so, there are many out there, so I don't see why FTV should have its own personalized reader.

QUOTE (Bold @ Dec 19 2006, 04:49 PM) Now you lost me. What kind of widget are you talking about? I thought you meant a web widget that would display RSS content on FTV. But that means your browser is already open on FTV!

Are you talking about a standalone application like a RSS reader? If so, there are many out there, so I don't see why FTV should have its own personalized reader.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is talking about a widget for Mac OS X Dashboard.
Read more here:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/dashboard/

Not quite the mac os dashboard, but a windows application in a similar vein going by the name 'konfabulator' or as it's known now as 'yahoo widgets'. It's been going for quite a while now.
You can pull one of the rss reader widgets like the 'Multimedia news reader' and set some options and you have the latest feed news right on your desktop (god I almost sound like an advert).

i'm pretty sure that a widget to work on both OSX's dashboard and konfabulator can be done.. *adds another thing to look at to his huge project list*

QUOTE (petesh @ Dec 21 2006, 03:55 AM) Not quite the mac os dashboard, but a windows application in a similar vein going by the name 'konfabulator' or as it's known now as 'yahoo widgets'. It's been going for quite a while now.
You can pull one of the rss reader widgets like the 'Multimedia news reader' and set some options and you have the latest feed news right on your desktop (god I almost sound like an advert).
Yeah i know i can do this, but i want an anime themed custom one for FTV.
If anyone wants to do this then thanks!, if not maybe when ill learn VB next semester ill look into some JS
huh.gif

Konfabulator (now Yahoo widgets) was a mac program long before it came to PC. In a lot of ways, it's better than Dashboard, but it's not as popular - Yahoo bought a great product and failed to market it to it's full potential. It's a Google-quality app and yahoo should have handled it better. It's still cross platform between the mac and pc.

At any rate, RSS widgets that could run on konfabulator, dashboard and whatever the vista clone is/will be shouldn't be TOO difficult... the meat is really the same, it's just the packaging that differs a little.

Honestly, though, I'd just be happy if the animes on the front page would stay in the same order. I keep finding shows listed two or three days back that weren't there 6 hours before.

Baby steps.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back