scanlating group?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ahhh!! Boobies!!! xD
Anyway, now that that immature comment is out of the way...

Thats a sweet looking char on the cover *loves the design*
I'd be willing to go with that one if MKK can do the translations~

QUOTE (noob @ Feb 05 2008, 08:54 PM) Is that a manga title that is most likely to become/get licensed in the next 6-7 months? (English version) If yes, then we can't do it. Other than that, good luck.
Maybe, maybe not...how should I know, if I did I would've enter fantasy football league and picked the Giants as my team. But I browsed ANN and mangaupdates, I see NO news about this series getting licensed anytime soon.

lol, I assume you mean 'no news'?
tongue.gif
If so, yay~

Here's a question for you guys: If we do go through with this, we'll need a new thread at the least in order to keep in touch, keep everyone updated, post translations/cleans/typesets/etc and so on. Where will the thread be located and who's gonna make it?

I assume it would be under the Anime Related Projects section. Seems like it would fit there at least. As far as who's gonna make it, doesn't seem like it really matters. Just have one person make it eventually once we actually start something.

well obviously Samthebear should open the thread first, then we will start appointing tasks and etc... Also we need to do something between the translators and the editors, about what format we should use for the translations; wordpad scripts, or over-to-raws texts. Does anyone here have experiences about what I'm talking about?

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Feb 06 2008, 08:59 AM) i did, it was here. The series was scanned by 8comic and it was straight from the offical Chinese manga, so it should qualifies as good RAWs...like no need for level and stuffs...

http://www.8comic.com/html/5236.html

here's some samples

cool thats fine then ^^ we can do it *nod*
biggrin.gif
we'll just have to credit 8comic - if they have any policy about using their scans etc you'd probably have to adhear to that but other than crediting correctly i think it'll be ok ^^ also if you could find who scanned them it'll be good too but not nessary i think as long as u follow their policy on using scans =/

i think we'll do this one for now
laugh.gif

As for getting the RAWs, do we have to 'save as' each one individually or is there a d/l link for the entire volume?

EDIT:
QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Feb 06 2008, 03:25 PM)well obviously Samthebear should open the thread first, then we will start appointing tasks and etc... Also we need to do something between the translators and the editors, about what format we should use for the translations; wordpad scripts, or over-to-raws texts. Does anyone here have experiences about what I'm talking about?
*tears up* thank you for getting this bit started T_T and yes i know what're talking about *nod* formating and stuff so that everything looks uniform even when its been edited/cleaned by different people. i'll probably write a basic outline and send it off to anyone else who knows about this stuff and we can go over it and change/add anything.

I guess I know what I'll be doing then for a tediously-spent while tomorrow then after work. So happy I'm finally gonna get to know what happens in Seikon no Qwaser too.

it seems to be 100 pages (for vol 1) and we have 4 cleaners and 3 editors - and right now it seems that we have 2 interested cleaners and editors O_O can those who applied please indicate if you're interested/willing to do this project? by say tomorrow by posting on here - if you dont i'll send a PM out to u guys and if no one resonds to the PM i'm going to assume that you lot dont want to help out with this and i'll spilt the volume into two with barbobot.

One more thing!! will we be starting from vol 1 then work up?

EDIT: where're we going to put the downloads? will we upload the vols on file sharing sites and post them here or will we be hosting them on our servers?
ph34r.gif
cuz right now i think we're going to have to go with uploading the vols on file sharing sites and post the links on here.
another thing, i've opened the new thread in the anime related projects fourm - topic waiting for moderation. still need to work on the editing/cleaning guidelines - i will get to that after i've finished my maths, physics and bio homework T_T

I'm in, never fear. I look forward to working with you all.
As far as format for the translations, I'm fine with whatever you guys decide - I'm a smart guy, I'll be able to figure it out
wink.gif

I'm in, too. Just put me up for cleaning or editing, whichever could use more people. Just like dchaosblade, I can figure it out. Let's hope this project works out! ^.^

i've written up a rough guideline and its attached in this post - if anyone has any questions just ask me and i'll try to answer it for you and probably amending it on the guideline cuz thats all i can remember to put on the guidelines.

Job allocation for this project, i'll get back to you guys by tomorrow (hopefully) when the guys answer my PM about helping out ^^...

EDIT:
as for the cleaning for this particluar series we're doing it seems that there isnt much need for cleaning - just adjusting height and file format.

EDIT2: dchaosblade has uploaded the first volume and it can be found here

EDIT3: i've just noticed that the pages seem to be set so that they're all double pages =/ i think would it be better reading wise to cut up the pages so that its one page per spread. what do you guys think? too much work to be worth doing or not?

Attachments

• Job_des..doc
    31 KB · Views: 306
QUOTE (samthebear @ Feb 07 2008, 03:31 AM) EDIT3: i've just noticed that the pages seem to be set so that they're all double pages =/ i think would it be better reading wise to cut up the pages so that its one page per spread. what do you guys think? too much work to be worth doing or not?
I was thinking of that when I was saving the images, but I think it just wouldn't be worth all the tedious work to split up almost 100 pages.

On another note, what are we gonna call this scanlation group? Just FTV Scans?

I just went through the first 3 volumes, and I think I need some help with the names for the characters. If some of you who have read the series before, please tell me all the translated russian & english names and terms. I can do Japanese names but it's hard to get the right pronunciations for the english ones.

I can't look now since I'm at work, but the Qwaser's name is Aleksander Her (nicknamed Sasha by people close to him). Which characters specifically do you need help on? I've only read up to chapter 3 before though so I don't know how well I'd be able to help beyond that.

Alexsander a.k.a. Alexander?
Unfortunately, I can't read the Chinese characters - I only know Japanese Hiragana atm (starting to learn katakana today), so I can't really help with names or anything unless they're written in roman or hiragana characters. That said, I can help romanize the phonetic versions of names though.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Feb 08 2008, 12:59 PM) Alexsander a.k.a. Alexander?
Unfortunately, I can't read the Chinese characters - I only know Japanese Hiragana atm (starting to learn katakana today), so I can't really help with names or anything unless they're written in roman or hiragana characters. That said, I can help romanize the phonetic versions of names though.
Alexander/Aleksander, same thing.

QUOTE (wiki)Russian - Александp (Aleksandr), Алик (Alik), Саша (Sasha),That's what wiki gives as the russian form of Alexander.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 08 2008, 04:16 PM)
On another note, what are we gonna call this scanlation group? Just FTV Scans?
I think you should have a group name since from what i just browsed thats as good as many of the other groups who scan plus having a name would be nice to look at
smile.gif
, so i think you should all be proud of yourselfs,

MMK, do you have all the current RAW chapters then or do i need to track some down?

I'll look up the rest later when I have time, but for now here's the name of the school, St. Mikhailov Academy

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back