scanlating group?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 09 2008, 01:16 AM) I was thinking of that when I was saving the images, but I think it just wouldn't be worth all the tedious work to split up almost 100 pages.

On another note, what are we gonna call this scanlation group? Just FTV Scans?
hmm yeah i suppose you have a point =/
right now i'm just using FTV scanlation group as a working name cuz i couldn't be bothered to think up a name without talking it over with u guys first - anyone got any other suggetions?

QUOTE (samthebear @ Feb 08 2008, 10:11 PM)anyone got any other suggetions? Murder Scans

rofl.
anyways, my friend has been so kind as to scan and translate one chapter of platina for us and i've edited up the prolouge - anyone interested can go check it out here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UWOL3O9D

EDIT: i also found a very interesting page on editing http://edit.unblessed.net/
its is from Storm in Heaven scanlation group. so many thanks to them
happy.gif
there is also a section on cleaning.

EDIT2: can you guys post your status on the other thread in this form:

Project: Seikon no Qwaser vol 1 chap 1
Job: (enter your jobs in here)

Editing: so many percent done
Cleaning: so many percent done
etc

everytime ur status changes for that project edit the post.

sorry - no we don't split the pages - too much trouble but your translation should indicate that they are on the double page while showing where one page ends and where on page begins. actually do that - indicate that the pages are stuck together but write where one ends and begins.

(ie:
[pages 1-2 together]
pg1:man1: (text)
woman1: (text)
pg2:man2:(text)
etc)

samthebear, I've tried your format but it's very confusing to use and read. Currently I'm using a different method and I wonder if we can adopt this...

format:

pg1

[box] name; speech
-----------------------

pg2

ie:

pg9

[top] Tomo; Teresa that girl, she's always like that.

Mifuyu; ---Tomo, you too, you really are something when you can

fall even on a flat road.

Tomo; Uugghh...Mifuyu you meanie.

[bottom] Mifuyu; What should I do with you. ---oh princess, please give

me thou hand.
Tomo; Okay!!
-------------------------------

pg 10

[top] Tomo; Mifuyu really feels like a prince.
; Because I have to take care of a very troublesome princess.

[bottom] text*sign; St.Mikhailov Academy

Sounds good, although could it be changed from ";" to ":" ? Semicolons confuse me when I read it xD Keep thinking I missed the rest of the sentence because a semicolon is akin to a comma. A colon would be more fitting and less confusing IMO.

Question: Is the girl's name Mafuyu or Mifuyu? cause you start out using Mafuyu and then you switch to Mifuyu.

MKK, it's fine for now, I just thought it would be helpful for the future. Also, thanks for asking Barbobot, I'd probably not have noticed xD I had assumed that names and all were typed correctly, I'll have to be sure to watch out for that too.
Also, I posted in the other page this question, but my post hasn't been approved yet (~_~), so I'll ask here since I'll probably get a faster response.

Pg. 2, bottom left: "Mary of Sari.Su"
Supposed to be "Mary of Tsaritsyn"?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back