One Piece (Manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I think you guys need to give it a chance. Stuff like the Summit Battle takes time do develope. One Piece as a manga started off very slow. In the end it paid off big time. It took 10 years to get to the end of part one and the Summit Battle. If you want another arc like the Summit Battle, you would be best dropping the manga now and waiting for ten years later.

Personally, I love Oda style of storytelling, he introduces things that you think is unimportant. For example, I just realised the NFP who idolise Fisher Tiger (like their own fish version Che Guevaras) is the same guy who freed Boa and her sisters. To me, little subtle stuff like that which Oda introduces all the time is what makes One Piece so great. Its what makes NFP motivations of a fishmen revolution real.

This chapter reminded me of the Tales of ..... series of games. One world suffers (Fishmen) while one world prospers (Humans). Except its in the same world.

Hodi Jones is actually pretty badass.I actually believed he handcuffed himself so he wouldnt hurt himself while on the steroids. He was absolutely brutal. I feel sorry for the crab hand man. That crew got ravaged.

Comedy was great as well. Nami is pretty ruthless when it comes to getting what she wants. And Luffy and co being invited to the palace can only spell trouble.

Damn they really got themselves into a sh*tty situation. But its pretty predictable. They defeat Hodi and Van der Decken and are the heroes again. But since One Piece had quite a few surprises far a while Im not that sure of it anymore.

And I still dont really like the new style of them, especially Franky.

But its cool that Chopper got a new point, or probably more than just one. Now hes the fat karate-kid XD

I wanna see fights so bad.

I really want to see everyones power-up. Mainly Zoro's. He has been looking bad-ass since the start of this new "season?"

Yeah Im looking forward to that too. I really wonder how Zoro will defeat Van der Decken, at least I think Zoro will be the one fighting him while Luffy gets Hodi.
But there is the swordfighter in Hodis group too so maybe that one will battle Zoro.
Argh, too many possibilitys.

Its a new arc not season, Repede ^^

Wow its been a while but we are now at the business end of Fishman Island hopefully.

In truth Fishman Island was hyped about for four years and it hast lived up to expectations. Im hoping this arc ends soon and we can move to what going on at the surface.

Luffy bounty is 400m and I think that is the highest bounty seen so far. Although im sure Dragon bounty is like 1billion.

As for Zoro being captured, I wonder how many pills Hordy must have taken to beat him because Zoro was destroying the guy underwater. Eitherway his capture seems rather convenient for Luffy to save the day.

I'm gonna ponder and wonder who is "joy boy."

Meh now they made Zoro look like a pansy that needs to be rescued by Luffy.

I mean before now, Zoro and Luffy were always toe to toe.

QUOTE (Repede @ Jun 16 2011, 02:25 AM) Meh now they made Zoro look like a pansy that needs to be rescued by Luffy.

I mean before now, Zoro and Luffy were always toe to toe.
Not really.

There is no doubt Zoro is second in command but he is not as strong as Luffy.

In terms of pure power and destructive force Zoro is probably stronger then Luffy. However, when it comes down to the really pivotal fights like Luffy vs Lucci and Luffy vs Moria, Oda has made it clear that Luffy beat the opponents who were stronger than him due to his high level of endurance.

If Zoro and Luffy ever fought, it would be the type of fight that reaches a deadlock and Luffy would edge a win because he has a higher endurance then Zoro.

Easy example would be Kuma transferring Luffy's pain to Zoro. Zoro couldnt even stand afterward yet Luffy was fighting in that condition.

I would place bets on Luffy to beat Zoro everytime.

I hope this arc is over soon too and One Piece is finally starting to get good again. After all this arc is boring and totally uninteresting.
How things are now Im having more fun reading Naruto currently.
But Jimbei vs. Luffy is interesting.
Lets wait and see.

Well Luffy weakness are swords, so Zoro got the edge there.

And like you said. Kuma transferring Luffy's pain to Zoro, and he was still the only one who "fought" Kuma at that point. He was fighting Kuma with his pain and Luffy's pain while Luffy was already passed out.

Plus Moria example isn't that good. Luffy ended up winning because they stuck a bunch of shadows into him, not really for his power. Not to mention the Moria fight was pretty much a combination of the whole crew.

Plus it's not really whether who is stronger, but rather that he needs to be rescued.

Lol this chapter was just madness.

Luffy knocking out 50k men in an instant was just lol. Wow. He is a new beast. He is OPPPPPPPPPP .

This chapter confirmed for me that Zoro and Sanji can definitely use CoA. Im sure to be top tier swordsmen you must atleast be able to reinforce your sword with haki. It now makes sense how Mihawk was able to split a battalion in half with just his sword. Im sure he taught that to Zoro. Also since Iva-san knows that Dragon has KD, im sure he has CoA and taught it to Sanji.

Cant wait for the ass stomping next week and Franky's new weapon.

@franzoir: Knocking out the 50k guys is only amazing if you dont know what happened. If you know about Haki its not that amazing anymore. After all if there where 10 billions losers like those fishmen and slaves he wouldve knocked out 10 billion of them but that only sounds as if he was a lot stronger but he isnt.
I hope you get what I mean since its a bit difficult to explain ^^

I really loled when Jinbei said "In just two years he came that far?" because if you look at how much stronger he became in the three months they were traveling its not that great of an accomplishment for two whole years. But We still dont know how many months 2 years are in OP so that could of course change. And we havent seen everything he can do. I think.

I really hope Luffy and co wont be overimba when they get to the new world since that would totally suck. Sure there are still three Yonkos and a few bigshot-marines but if it becomes a walk through the park except against them it will be boring. Just like now.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Aug 04 2011, 08:25 AM) @franzoir: Knocking out the 50k guys is only amazing if you dont know what happened. If you know about Haki its not that amazing anymore.
Dude are you serious. If 50 thousand weaklings attacked you all at once would you win? I severely doubt it.

This will go down as one those badass moments in manga like when Gus took down 100 men in one night.

If essentially means Luffy's fighting force is the equivalent of 50k men. You cant seriously tell me you were not impressed.

Dont worry about them being being OP for the new world. Zoro said in this chapter thats "its not like they are the marine elite," meaning he knows that the SH crew is still not top tier fighters yet. You should see this arc as an exhibition of the strawhats power. They are not actually in the New World yet.

Moria said in the new world there are monsters you cant even describe. Im guessing the Yonko Kaidou is going to be an enemy of the strawhats. He totally annihilated Moria crew. I reckon he is also going to wreck the strawhats.

Hmm and here I thought you would know how Haki works. Seems I misjudged you.

Lets say Luffy uses Haki with a power of 5000, so that means everyone with a Willpower less than 5000 gets unconcious. And here it doesnt matter if its 1 guy, 10 guys, 100000 or 10 billion guys. The outcome is the same. Luffy only uses a power of 5000.
Its the same as with a nuclear bomb. For a nuclear momb it doesnt matter if there is 1 guy, 10 guys, 100000 or 10 billion guys. Everyone is dead with the same amount of used energy and Haki working exactly the same.
So it only makes him look stronger since the number is big, but like I said for those who know how Haki works its unimpressive. I really werent impressed by that. No to be honest I was a bit disappointed because it was only half of the enemys that went down. But I guess the other Strawhats need to show off a bit too.

For Guts it was something different since he needed to use his power for each enemy separately so its a far bigger accomplishment.
And to be honest if Guts knew Haki the whole world except the four I-dont-know-what-they-were-called, Griffith and the Skull Knight would probably fall unconcious.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Aug 04 2011, 04:40 PM)Hmm and here I thought you would know how Haki works. Seems I misjudged you.

Lets say Luffy uses Haki with a power of 5000, so that means everyone with a Willpower less than 5000 gets unconcious. And here it doesnt matter if its 1 guy, 10 guys, 100000 or 10 billion guys. The outcome is the same. Luffy only uses a power of 5000.
Its the same as with a nuclear bomb. For a nuclear momb it doesnt matter if there is 1 guy, 10 guys, 100000 or 10 billion guys. Everyone is dead with the same amount of used energy and Haki working exactly the same.

Lol your argument is your own undoing. Are you saying because you know how a nuclear bomb works its destructive force is not impressive? Because you know how haki works when Luffy uses it, it is not impressive?

Come on dude. Just because you know how something works doesnt make it any less impressive.

I study really hard for an exam and I get 100%. No one is going to say to me well you knew the answers so its not impressive. Your just being overly cynical. You need to relax and enjoy the awesomeness of the moment, otherwise you will probably never enjoy manga again.

No no you get me wrong. All I wanted to say is that he defeating 50000 people with Haki isnt more impressive than defeating 1 guy with it if you knw how haki works. Sure him using haki and such is impressive ... a long time ago. But now we know he can do it so its not an surprise and thus unimpressive.
If Zoro or Sanji would be the one who did that I wouldve been impressed since its something new but for Luffy weve seen it already three times if I count right.

And yes because I know how devastating a nuclear bomb is its not unimpressive. Sure its still scary and such but not impressive.

Sorry but currently I cant enjoy OP because it changed so much. The Strawhats are overpowered, almost everyone looks crappy, the jokes dont work anymore if there even are any, the enemys are lousy both in strength and personality, the story is totally uninteresting and most of the characters too. So except for the name One Piece, the world and the Strawhats personalitys nothing is One Piece. Sure that sounds like Im a fascist but here I am because I love how One Piece was before the time jump and this isnt One Piece anymore in my eyes.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Aug 05 2011, 03:06 AM)If Zoro or Sanji would be the one who did that I wouldve been impressed since its something new but for Luffy weve seen it already three times if I count right. 
We have seen Luffy use gattling gun 794278932578932 times. Does it make it any less impressive when he used it as the finishing blow to Crocodile or Lucci or most bosses he faces?

Like I said before, this arc is a Let's see how far they've come arc. It is an introduction to the second half of One Piece. Fishman Island was suppose to be a vacation, they didnt expect to fight. They are not in the New World yet. The manga hasnt changed, you have. With that cynical attitude you might as well drop the manga now because nothing Oda does is going to ever going to impress you again.

Hmm then it will be strange since Im the person with the lowest expectations to animes ever.

But if I think about it the reason it doesnt impress me is probably the lousyness of the whole arc so of course that degrades his haki too. If he used that in an interesting arc I probably wouldve been as hyped about it as you. Just like in the Duval arc back then, the whole arc was a joke so I wasnt impressed by anything that happened.

One Piece is a lot or almost completely about the characters and the atmosphere and both is totally missing currently.

And it could be that for me Haki is too "easy" to win. Against Lucca, Crocodile and everyone else he actually had to fight for his life which isnt the same here.

So that is another reason why Im not impressed.

The Duval arc was hilarious, that was one of the most funniest moments in the manga ever.

Haki isnt a easy win. Oda is demonstrating what Luffy is capable with Haki now because when he start fighting real opponents in the new world Haki becomes practically invisible.

You wouldnt know that Whitebeard was using Haki against Akainu but he was. So Oda needs to show Luffy using haki now against canon fodder so people understand how powerful it is.

Yes, One Piece is about the character. Reread the beginning of the manga and you will see Luffy first real fight for his life was against Crocodile and that didnt happen until 200+ chapters in because for the first 200 chapters Oda was establishing the characters. Part two of One Piece is going to do the same thing. Its laying the foundations for the New World. So dont expect anything serious to happen till atleast 50 chapters into part 2. Like I said One Piece hasnt changed. This is how it has always been.

Oh yes! Trafalgar Law swaggers back into the fray. I cant believe his former bounty is higher than Luffy. Makes you wonder what he has done to earn such a high bounty.

Still thinking of why he needed Shichibukai status but he is definitely a better replacement for Moria, although I have a feeling he is working for Moria.

Sending 100 pirate hearts to the WG means he deserves his nickname as the Dark Doctor. Cant wait to see what this is all about.

Trafalgar Law beeing there and beeing a Shichibukai reall was a huge surprise, plus his rise to highest known Bounty for now. But we havent seen Kid, his Bounty is almost certainly higher.
But I dont think he is the boss of the people Sanji & Co are fighting, what they do dont fit his style.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back