More Streaming Tests

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I thought it was cool when you tested it last night and I still think that way. Not a fan of lolis or pink but it looks kinda nice tho i believe that blue might make it a bit more natural or maybe even a pic of Horo.. well that's what i think.

Still it's a cool function for people that haven't seen the series at all and promotes the recommendation a lot more then the pics did.

QUOTE (Vicepuma @ Feb 11 2008, 10:56 AM) Not a fan of lolis or pink but it looks kinda nice tho i believe that blue might make it a bit more natural or maybe even a pic of Horo.. well that's what i think.
Well, here's our three main thoughts on fansub.tv:
1) loli power
2) pink power
3) more people going to ftv for some kicks

and looky there, we've nailed all three of those into one little space of webpage~!

well done, the only hint to make it better would be to use a higher quality video. and possibly find a better pic for the right side (or maybe even a shuffle of a few)

Ah, awesome, great job
The picture is fine in my opinion, It will have to be changed once in a while though
I think both trailers or OPs would work
IMO the OP for spice and wolf is really good, so if I havn't heard of the series, I would check it out.

ahhh, the color for the navigation bar under the video:
Its awkward
Maybe add some violet to it?

It looks great. The picture on the rightside is nice so doesn't need to change. Maybe once a month and then maybe to a picture showing the series it is recommending. The pink navigationbar is a bit strange, maybe you can change that with the series? for example red for an action series, green for a mystery, pink for a harem, blue for a romantic one etc.
The size of the window is good: if you make it larger it would the rest of the pagina disorganized (it would be too large compared to the anime music video and episode updates pictures). The quality of the video is good also: it is only a recommendation so it doesn't need the highest quality. It just needs to load fast and be of a quality high enough to get the idea of the series across.

How is the loading time so far? and would this be something you would like to see done on a larger scale?

Loading time for me isn't an issue at all. Loads about 5 times faster then you can actually watch the clip so i think the format is alright.

About the implementing it in a larger scale.. Do you mean like having all the animes on first page with a small clip or implementing it to every anime that is running?

I'd have to say that it would be interesting but wouldn't it be a serious amount of job doing something in a larger scale. Anyway i think what you and jam have done so far is awesome, I don't really know you intention with making it larger scale but i believe it would make the site more interesting.

Me and Jam where browsing some horo pics last night to replace the 2 lolis.... just to make it a bit more on theme also jam did a cool new layout for the player wich is nice.

These kind of things always look cool.

Loading time seems great. The slowest I've seen it, it loaded just fast enough that no pausing was necessary. The fastest I've seen it, it was done lickety-split, before I even caught a glimpse of a naked wolf-girl.

As for seeing it done on a larger scale, I definitely wouldn't be against it. I think it would be an awesome feature, so long as it doesn't overwhelm the quintessential beauty that already is FTV.

The loading time goes great if you have a 500k+ DSL speed. Anything lower than that too 300k is okay, and sometimes it stops to buffer, but only happens once or twice. Anything less just gets annoying for me. Right now i'm testing it at my school internet (200k) and so far the buffer count is 10.

Having no problem whatsoever with the loading, but I have a lightning fast connection. I think the streaming idea is great, looks good too!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, however I think a video is worth far more....

Personally, I liked the addition on the main page. It gives some prespective to why this site is promoting a particular series for a given month. Many people get turned on or off by the opening credits of a show, so being able to display it openly gives the prespective viewer/downloader a chance to see some of what they might see.

I run cable internet, and loaded the main page while on an MMORPG and they page had no difficulties loading. The one concern I would raise, and its only in the interest of those who think the page either loads too slow, there's too much content, or have fears the video/flash load will bog down your loading time coming here would be to suggest a gateway page when you load the URL of fansub.tv. Give the web surfer the choice of loading the standard page displaying a random image of the recommended series of the month or loading the flash page containing the video clip.

To be fair to the site, I've had longer loading times going to IGN then loading the main page here, so as a frenquent visitor to this place I have no problems with it. Its a nice addition IMO.

On a side note, everytime I try to load the link from the OP I keep getting nothing. Did you take the page down by chance?

QUOTE (ob1foru @ Feb 12 2008, 09:22 PM)On a side note, everytime I try to load the link from the OP I keep getting nothing. Did you take the page down by chance?Did you get a blinking picture of a filmreal clip with the letters "VLC" on them? Anyways, you should download the latest version of adobe flashplayer

QUOTE (deadlylazers @ Feb 12 2008, 08:55 PM)Did you get a blinking picture of a filmreal clip with the letters "VLC" on them? Anyways, you should download the latest version of adobe flashplayer
nope, didn't get anything but a blank IE page that gives me the:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address. "

etc etc thing, I recently downloaded the latest adobe last week so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. I can try again however it seems like when I click the link there's just nothing there to load. IE tries to find the page and when it doesn't it gives me the message above.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 14 2008, 03:02 AM) Additional tests..
http://nyaa.fansub.tv/Demo11.html

Did the video play without stuttering? Was the video quality okay?
Only watched the first 3 minutes or so but I didn't notice any stuttering at all and the video quality seemed just fine. Pretty good actually if I had to say for a streaming video.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 14 2008, 03:02 AM) Additional tests..
http://nyaa.fansub.tv/Demo11.html

Did the video play without stuttering? Was the video quality okay?

i viewed the video without any stuttering, and the quality was pretty good for a stream, i found u can also double click the video and view it full screen and the quality full screen was really good, it wasnt really blurry, it looks like an xvid encoded sd video really lol which is pretty good for a stream.

Works perfectly fine, I had no problems at all even with full screen the quality is surprisingly good.

So no stuttering and good quality.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 14 2008, 02:11 PM)Hm, in Google Chrome, it fills the whole screen. Guess I'll have to look into how it sits in the browser.

Can you guys also comment on this test as well?
http://nyaa.fansub.tv/Demo12.html
I only watched the first few minutes and full screen quality looked good, pretty much the same as the standard avi's I download. I got the same size video as doofus123 would much prefer it to be larger by default (if it helps I use firefox). I noticed the video stuttered a little but I think that was more my laptops mediocre processor.

Anyways the stream is in serious need of a pause button I don't know why but I seem to get bothered a lot whenever I watch something.

side note: anyone know the name of that anime? - it looked interesting.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back