Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
Mirainikkicover.jpg

Title: Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary)
Japanese Title: 未来日記
Original Creator: Sakae Esuno
Premier: September 2010
Genre: Drama, Romance, Science Fiction, Shounen, Supernatural

Plot:

Yukiteru has always been rejecting any offers to go with friends, and he just keeps writing a diary on his cell phone. He has an imaginary friend, a god called Deus Ex Machina. However, Deus now wants to play a game with Yukiteru, a game of survival. There are 12 contestants, Yukiteru is one of them. The winner of the survival game will become the next Deus Ex Machina. In order to win the game, the contestants must use their diaries to eliminate one another. For Yukiteru to survive, he must team up with another diary holder, a girl by the name of Yuno.

Each player is assigned a number based on the order that Deus modified his or her diary. The diaries now record the future in the same manner their future selves would have written down events that have already happened. The only exception to this rule is when the holder reaches a DEAD END. Each diary varies in properties & functions depending on the holder's personality, occupation and/or lifestyle. All the diaries have their shortcomings, some moreso than others. And because the diaries are written from the perspective of the holder's future self, the future can still be misinterpreted and the diary entries can then turn out to be inaccurate. Each of the diaries have become the diary holder's future. So if it is destroyed, so too is the holder's future.

(~taken from WIKI~)

I dont know why but the concept of this anime really intrigue me...Maybe it look somewhat similar to Death note don't you think??Poeple using their virtual diary to kill each other.I'd be sure to take a look at it in the futur.

ummm... i'm reading the manga and it's pretty good i must say u will see the pink haired girl is crazy oh and it's not like death note but it's good realy

the pink haired girl is beyond crazy lol. fer the manga just when i think she might be becoming more sane... she goes completely nuts and does something.... terrifying. Anyway. i can't wait for this anime to come out. its awesome, id recomend it to anyone. =) except a priest...
biggrin.gif

um...that pic for the anime kinda reminds me of paranoia agent...u noe one with the boy and a dented golden bat...lols....

are they related?? XD

QUOTE (xiaoxu @ Mar 04 2008, 01:04 AM)um...that pic for the anime kinda reminds me of paranoia agent...u noe one with the boy and a dented golden bat...lols....

are they related?? XD

lol(if its a joke. i can't tel
blink.gif
)....anyway
tongue.gif
nah i don't think theyre related...

Still no precise premier date??I'm waiting like crazy for this show because it's looks really promising.I've taken look at the mangas and it have a ghotic style that blends very well with the concept of the story and I'm sure I'll be waiting for something like Death Note!

All info regarding this anime has disappeared on MAL, ANN, AniDB and WIKI..........WTF..........did it get cancelled ?? I'm at a LOST.
sad.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Dec 28 2008, 04:25 PM) All info regarding this anime has disappeared on MAL, ANN, AniDB and WIKI..........WTF..........did it get cancelled ?? I'm at a LOST.
sad.gif

I don't know what pipe dream you were having, but there's never been an official announcement of an anime adaptation.

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Dec 29 2008, 09:14 AM) I don't know what pipe dream you were having, but there's never been an official announcement of an anime adaptation.
I swear there was an announcement of it at ANN and Moonphase.....I'm gonna have to look further into this.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Dec 29 2008, 05:25 AM) I swear there was an announcement of it at ANN and Moonphase.....I'm gonna have to look further into this.
wink.gif

If there was (and there wasn't) I'm sure it would have trickled onto Wiki eventually, but seeing as it was just a rumor, nothing was ever posted. And I never saw any "announcement" of it other than one blog which was just speculating.

UPDATE!!

Animation Studio: Asread (Shuffle!, Minami-ke: Okawari, Ga-Rei: ZERO)
Premier: September 2010
Official Website: http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/sp/shop_sp_137.html

QUOTE A bundled extra in the limited edition of 11th Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) manga volume.

(~from AniDB~)

See....it came true...I wasn't bluffing.
tongue.gif

Unfortunately this series looks like it will be an OVA series.
wink.gif

First episode of the series aired a few days ago. I watched the OVA last year and was intrigued by the story. The first episode picks up from where it left off and was interesting. Our hero Yukiteru-kun, is gonna be game for all of the other "Players." He is also being "protected" by the pretty intense and strange stalkerette, Yuno-chan...her craziness simmers just below the surface but we do get a glimpse of things to come from said craziness, at the end of the episode, when she reassures our hero..."she is there for him."
Looking forward to more of the same...all hell will break lose with this one. The animation is very nice as is the background music. Interesting characters too.
wink.gif

I liked this one too, interesting concept that has lots of potential. Fairly unique but not overly stupid, which is the common threrad among animes trying to avoid a point of comparison. This could be a very phychological show, but the ending and oversimplified villian makes me think they'll keep a distance from that route. Still seems like it'll be an enjoyable watch.

An enjoyable first episode. Yukiteru was a bit weak but he shows promise of becoming a very serious contender.
The best character was Yuno. She feels like danger and acts like she is loosing her mind. Due to this unstable character it wouldn't be strange to keep on watching her for any signs that she may turn on Yukiteru in her madness. Or maybe kill herself to protect him.
That god felt a bit like watching an Eva from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I had expected something else.

The last part with the Third destroying his phone every time was fun. It really turned the episode around from being too serious into a comedy.

This was a surprise first episode.

The synopsis sounded really aweful to be quite honest, but the first episode was interesting. Ok, we have seen a similar premise before, but as Monsta-chan likes to say, it isnt about the originality of a plot, but how the story is carried out. I guess this applies here too. The plot itself isnt anything new, but if they add a few twists to it, it could be entertaining enough.

While watching the episode I wondered, why Yuki never asked Deus, why he did this to him. I was under the impression they are friends..... or maybe it was just Yukis impression. Not only his supposed friend Deus pulls him into a dangerous game, Yuki is even the first one scheduled to die.

Btw, wasnt number 3 the home teacher from Yukis class? Maybe it is a coincidence, that the killer has long hair of the same color as the teacher and that he escaped through Yukis school campus, but I think it was him.
So it seems that most of the players are chosen from Yukis environment. Looks like the game is set up extra for Yuki to keep him from boredom. I am curious how this will develop.

PS: the name of this anime reminds me of that old psychodelic game we talked about some time ago on FTV: Yume Nikki. Nikki means diary, I have known that ever since. So then Yume = dream and Mirai= future.

The premise seems to be a combination of Higashi no Eden and sth like Deathnote. Interesting, but could still go wrong many different ways. First ep. was nice though. The stalker girl was very well-done.

The only beef I have with the show thus far is the really shoddy quality of drawings and animation.

just watched the short OVA from last year and the first episode, for those who haven't seen the OVA yet there are some spoilers in it so don't rush watching it until the TV series catches on, I'll post about it when the time is right as I don't know which episode will be, you know I don't have my own future-dairy-cell... yet ¬¬

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 13 2011, 02:42 PM)The only beef I have with the show thus far is the really shoddy quality of drawings and animation.

about my impression I enjoyed how the plot is going, no much to add as others already mentioned what I appreciated from the TV premiere ep. but I liked a bit more the animation and character designs of the OVA (generally the movie or OVA quality is better than the TV one after all) though cute stalker Yuno looks more creepy and crazy in this series o_0 ...looking forward what follows next and the OP (basically the ED was part of the ep. in B&W going backwards), meanwhile I'll go ahead and pull another Kitsu-like anime expectative ^^

Preliminary Expectation: High
Preliminary Score: 8/10

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 13 2011, 03:56 AM)While watching the episode I wondered, why Yuki never asked Deus, why he did this to him. I was under the impression they are friends..... or maybe it was just Yukis impression. Not only his supposed friend Deus pulls him into a dangerous game, Yuki is even the first one scheduled to die.

Btw, wasnt number 3 the home teacher from Yukis class? Maybe it is a coincidence, that the killer has long hair of the same color as the teacher and that he escaped through Yukis school campus, but I think it was him.
So it seems that most of the players are chosen from Yukis environment. Looks like the game is set up extra for Yuki to keep him from boredom. I am curious how this will develop.

actually Yukiteru in the beginning thinks Deus Ex Machina isn't real, a mere god fabricated by his mind but Deus calls him as "my dear first owner, First" which means it isn't a random or accidental product of his imagination and even less his imaginary friend... my guess is that Deus was created not only by Yuki but thanks to the boredom and ideas of all the other 11 "owners" as well dweeling in their minds, remember than Yuno knows who is the corn loli (maybe she originally created that particular weird girl telling by her clay molding), the phrase here is "God didn't create man, Man created God instead" o_O

now that you mentioned Third I think he came with the idea to make Deus start a survival game as he's a murderer, you may be right if he's the math teacher in case he is missing in the next eps as his dead body will never be found, he just disappeared and left nothing but his phone... my question here may sound funny but what happens if the battery dies of those future-dairy-mobiles, will that happen to their respective owners too? is it needed to recharge them like any cellphone or like Deus said "the dairy becomes one with the owner" so the cell never shuts down while its owner is alive and viceversa?
unsure.gif

I must say I wasnt really sure what to expect since the OVA wasnt really good (gave it a 6/10 back then) but this first ep was great.

Yukiteru was acting realistically to what happened to him without beeing too much of a pussy like I feared he would.
Yuno is just great since she is a psycho b*tch. Im sure she will give Yukiteru sleepless nihgts, in more than one way ^^

Storywise its really interesting and Im looking forward to meet the other players which seem to be pretty diffent. And maybe surprising. I mean a deliquent writing a diary?

Put the best part is defenitely Wakamoto Norio voicing Deus Ex Machina.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back