Mahou Sensei Negima -manga

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
At the moment I'm a bit stuck in this manga because I don't really want to read scans and upon buying volume 7 I discovered that noone was selling volume 8. I really enjoy this manga and I am disappointed to hear that it might be ending soon.

QUOTE (Koutakun @ Sep 11 2009, 07:32 PM) At the moment I'm a bit stuck in this manga because I don't really want to read scans and upon buying volume 7 I discovered that noone was selling volume 8. I really enjoy this manga and I am disappointed to hear that it might be ending soon.
Noone's selling volume 8? Just where are you considering in america the manga is already up to volume 23.

Anyway I think it's about time I play catch up again. I got into the habit of abstaining for a little while so then I'll have 10 or so chapters to read each time I go to read more. Worked fantastic last time and it's about time I try again and catch up with Negima.

I'm in Northern Ireland but I can't find it on Amazon or anywhere in the UK. The guy at Forbidden Planet told me that the problem was with the two suppliers Del Rey and Tanoshimi, who happen to be owned by Random House. They do sell vol 9 and up to about 16 just not 8, and I'm not willing to skip a volume.

Okay there is a reason to bring this thread back from the dead one last time. That is the manga has finally come to an end and pretty much the only thing left is for the last chapter to be scanalated.

So pretty much it seems like it turned out to be the end of a wild journey here, but one major question remains still, and I'm not even sure if the last chapter will answer it. That question is who did Negi like the most out of the entire class he tought?
tongue.gif

I'm expecting a starcrossed ending, personally. It would fit the general flow of the story.

... That, and I'm not sure if I should root for Honya, Yue, or Chisame. I'm not usually one for harem endings, but at least two of those would probably be rather thrilled with such an outcome.
tongue.gif

I also wouldn't be surprised if they do some kind of crack ship just to sell spinoff comics.

QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 09 2012, 03:25 PM) I also wouldn't be surprised if they do some kind of crack ship just to sell spinoff comics.
It seems you forgot there was the Negima Neo series as well you know. Pretty much it's kind of a re-tell with some added features into it.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 09 2012, 01:54 PM) Okay there is a reason to bring this thread back from the dead one last time. That is the manga has finally come to an end and pretty much the only thing left is for the last chapter to be scanalated.

So pretty much it seems like it turned out to be the end of a wild journey here, but one major question remains still, and I'm not even sure if the last chapter will answer it. That question is who did Negi like the most out of the entire class he tought?
tongue.gif

Do you really think, there is only "that" question xD ?

We don't know why and how Negi's father is possessed by the mage of the beginning. He also invited his son to come fight/kill him but nothing seems to be planned as there is only one chapter left =/
We don't know where Arica (the mother of Negi) is ? Is she dead or not ?
We don't know what is/was the role of the gravekeeper in the Fate battle arc.
We don't know who saved Negi in his hometown when he was still a child.

And there is a lot more of questions unanswered... I'm really mad that Ken Akamatsu decided to finish Negima even with that much of unanswered questions. I hope he was forced to finish the manga instead of himself taking this decision. If he want to make a sequel and/or prequel, so be it, I'll be glad to buy them.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 09 2012, 03:21 PM) It seems you forgot there was the Negima Neo series as well you know. Pretty much it's kind of a re-tell with some added features into it.
tongue.gif

I actually was thinking "Besides Negima!?"

Like, half sequal, half spinoff type material, rather than "Yeah, we started over be cause the station screwed up so bad that it makes more sense to start over."

Well with the final chapter now said and done it seems that it kind of vaguely wrap itself up to the point of there really does need to be some sort of epilogue chapter invovled here somehow.

In any case it seems that with this storyline now closed there's not much to try and work on it since from the 9 years he worked on this manga it seemed that every time he went a bit far into the manga he'd take a shot break from it just to get back to working on it.

Anyways it pretty much explained most of the girls stories here, but for some reason only three girls come to mind that were supposed to be Negi's girlfriend. One of them was Asuna, the other is Chisame, and of course the third is Yue it seems now. I kind of written off Ku Fei since she kind of had the sparring partner relationship with him and that's as far as it went it seems.

Urrrrggghhh. read the last 3 chapters last night. Made me sad they plugpulled him. Then again, as many breaks as he's taken, I'm kind of not surprised they did. Watching Yue fire THREE of those f$#%ing huge lightning spears Negi invented to fight Jack was just... wow. Her fighting style has seriously shaped up.

I wish we had gotten to see the final battle between Negi and the creator. If I read between the lines correctly, Nagi has a magical body like Jack and Kuneru now. That just sounds like it would've been a crazy story to read. Then again, the way the whole ending was structured leaves open so many doors for side stories, OVAs, etc.

I do like that we never got to find out who he likes. That unanswered question remaining open just seems like the best polish on the series. That especially leaves the door open for more.

I don't like the ending to the manga, I wish it was done properly and I know a few ppl are raging over the ending. I found out today that Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is going to be ending soon.
rolleyes.gif
I'm hoping Black Lagoon manga doesn't end abruptly.
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back