Japanese Titles/Honorifics!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
biggrin.gif
I noticed my title has changed from chi to chan . I graduated !
wink.gif
I bow before you all , expressing my gratitude .
laugh.gif

That could change you know...

(<---- Point)

.. Then again.. not much of a surprise. At least you're not as much as a spammmer as most of us ^.^

On Fansub TV , nothing is to be taken for granted . A spammer , eh ? I've tried not to go there , but I just might be on the verge ........
wink.gif

P.S. Admire your Roy Mustang sig , beautiful !

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 31 2006, 10:00 AM) That could change you know...

(<---- Point)

.. Then again.. not much of a surprise. At least you're not as much as a spammmer as most of us ^.^
wink.gif
what does that mean? does that mean the mods of the fourm can change titles of the other members or is this an automatic system?

QUOTE (samthebear @ Dec 09 2006, 01:03 AM)
wink.gif
what does that mean? does that mean the mods of the fourm can change titles of the other members or is this an automatic system?
For normal tittle: -chi, -chan, -san, -dono, and -sama, is decided by automatic sysem on FTV. The change is made through the number of posts that the member has made and the time of the he/she becomes the FTV member. The length of the post also can effect this.

For special tittle, is privilege for sempais, fansub TV team, and fansub TV leaders. Daft, also might change the tittle if he sees a tittle that fits you.

QUOTE (jul10 @ Dec 09 2006, 01:43 AM) For normal tittle: -chi, -chan, -san, -dono, and -sama, is decided by automatic sysem on FTV. The change is made through the number of posts that the member has made and the time of the he/she becomes the FTV member. The length of the post also can effect this.

For special tittle, is privilege for sempais, fansub TV team, and fansub TV leaders. Daft, also might change the tittle if he sees a tittle that fits you.
i see... thanks ^^

QUOTE (jul10 @ Aug 01 2006, 03:57 AM)Which one is true "senpai" or "sempai"?
Err.. I'm sorry to ressurrect this old question even tho' it was aswered in a proper manner... I just have something to add...

Word senpai is written with hiragana "n" but it is pronaunced as "m"
That kind a thing is almost a rule (maybe it is a rule). When hiragana "n" is followed by "pa, pi,pu,pe,po, ha,hi,hu,he,ho, ba,bi,bu,be or bo" (that sounded stupid ^^)

Some excamples:
-ganbaree~ (hang in there, or something like that)
-inbou (conspiracy)
-zenbu (whole)
-hanbun (half)

Can't think of any more excamples.. nor I can think of any exceptions for this that don't follow this principle... If you can confirm my theory or prove it wrong please do so ^^

And not to go too off-topic I think -Dono is someone with high socialstatus but does not have to be important for the speaker. And -Sama is important to the speaker.

QUOTE (Kashimir @ Feb 09 2007, 06:31 AM) Word senpai is written with hiragana "n" but it is pronaunced as "m"
There is no "n" or "m" in hiragana. It is a writing system, and the sounds are represented by the same character "ã‚“". How it is pronounced depends on the sounds that come after it, as you said.

@desi09: It may be a result of your lack of posts. Keep contributing to conversations and one day you should have one
happy.gif

QUOTE (Kashimir @ Feb 09 2007, 03:31 AM) And not to go too off-topic I think -Dono is someone with high socialstatus but does not have to be important for the speaker. And -Sama is important to the speaker.
Actually, in a sense, sama doesn't always go towards a "speaker" theme. It's the other way around, whereas someone with a -sama title is "supposibly" important to you. For example, if I'm at a really high rank of a family of somewhat that you really really hate (I hope not), you'd call me Hama-sama anyways, because you oblige to the fact that you can't do anything about it.

On the contrary to the -dono relation, -dono does have some importance to the speaker. In lots of cases, this is because some people are obliged to work under someone. This isn't seen much anymore at the time, but it does happen.

When, if ever, will I be promoted to san, is there a specific time youve been with the forum or is it your number of posts or something?

QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Mar 29 2007, 06:06 PM) When, if ever, will I be promoted to san, is there a specific time youve been with the forum or is it your number of posts or something?
It's a combination of the two. For -san I don't know what the limit is on how long you have to be a member, but I think it's something around 150 posts.

haha.. Good luck with that, cause that title is a title that you can't get through the system XD. but yeah... Try not to spam for your titles.

so basically how do I get over -sama? I'm guessing that as soon as one reaches 1000 posts and those were not only spams
biggrin.gif
he is given -sama. How to receive other ones? <I know I might be repeating myself but at least for me it seems some ppl here got their titles out of nowehere:D> Simply put... what do I have to do to receive -sempai or sth like that <blush>

I see, thanks for that...
smile.gif

It's the system. It gives out the titles accordingly, but it won't tell if you're male or female. But chan is pretty common, so get used to it.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back