groups / clubs

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
I was thinking of using the blog system and how it can do multiple authors & etc to handle "groups" or "clubs". Hmm...

It seems to work pretty well for that type of thing. I know the blog dchaosblade setup for the FTV Scanlation team is great cause we can each update are own status for the project and keep everyone up-to-date. What other types of "clubs" or "groups" were you thinking about using it with?

i remember a long time ago someone wanted to start guilds and clans on FTV or something? but it was shot down cuz of harmony issues =/ do we still have that concern or is it fine since its not really part of the main site?

I think the idea was mainly turned down due to the high possibility of spam involving arguments between guilds and such on the forums.

I think things would work out better with the blogs and stuff, or at least keep the forums clean... If there were to be clubs/groups for the blogs, maybe a rule should be created to say that the forums should not be used for club/group discussion (just to prevent off-topicness and spam)?

I don't know too much about blogs and all, so how exactly would clubs/groups discuss things using the blogs? Would they discuss stuff by leaving comments and post new topics as blog entries? Either way, I still think it'll be a decently good idea since it'll keep things organized if there are clubs/groups.

QUOTE (samthebear @ Feb 29 2008, 06:26 AM) i remember a long time ago someone wanted to start guilds and clans on FTV or something? but it was shot down cuz of harmony issues =/ do we still have that concern or is it fine since its not really part of the main site?
Yeah the idea for it on the forum got shot down with great ease, but wouldnt the harmony issue still come into play even if its part of the main site or not........

Becuase even if its only a blog thing or not, the points which were raised in the thread for the forum could still apply to the blogs....................

But yeah if its a blog thing then it would keep the forum clean which is always a plus. But eventually people might start complaing that they havnt been allowed in to club etc......... then all that would happen is people might Spam complaint about the slightlest mix up with in the clubs etc.......

But if that hurdle gets jumped then i think it would work fine, since as displayed by the FTV Scan blog, it does work..........

i know that these arent really what you want to know daft, but i think we should really consider these things before we say that we'll do a groups/club thing on the blogs =/ for sure you will have repeat groups/clubs possible spamming (esp. if this really grows) and the whole thing with people compaining that they aren't being let into a group/club. (pretty much everything hia mentioned)

the FTV scan blog kinda works cuz we're all part of the staff doing the scanlations, even then we had a little trouble with adding admin and such... if you think of it in terms of a group/club it'll get really dodgy cuz then how can u say one person is entitled to join when the other isnt?

but then what does daft want to do with this blog groups/club thing? make it into something like myspace groups? where you have one admin (or maybe two) to moderate the whole group? for small groups this is a good way but for large groups this will get too much for the admins of the group. it'll become a FTV within FTV O_O i cant actually say this is a good or bad idea since i dont know how/what daft is going to do with the groups/club thing =/ but based just on the idea that we might consider opening groups within the blogs then most concerns relating to them have already been mentioned =/

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back