General Drama Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Anyone keeping up with current kdrama titles? Specifically, King 2 Hearts or Love Rain?

I watched King 2 Hearts last week, since I'm a fan of Lee Seunggi, and enjoyed it for the most part. It was a little iffy at times, but overall a strong drama. I wish they'd spent more time focusing on developing North-South relations with all the characters though, rather than just the main couple. Also not happy about certain deaths that occurred . Still, it was nice to see some politics rather than a typical romantic comedy.

I'm only a couple episodes in to Love Rain, but it's very well done so far. I wasn't familiar with Yoona's acting, but I love her as Yoon Hee. A little worried the drama will change tone once we switch to the modern day though ...

I'm curious about Fashion King, but I haven't heard many good things about it. Roof Top Prince also seems fairly popular right now.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ May 29 2012, 09:55 PM) Anyone keeping up with current kdrama titles? Specifically, King 2 Hearts or Love Rain?

I watched King 2 Hearts last week, since I'm a fan of Lee Seunggi, and enjoyed it for the most part. It was a little iffy at times, but overall a strong drama. I wish they'd spent more time focusing on developing North-South relations with all the characters though, rather than just the main couple. Also not happy about certain deaths that occurred . Still, it was nice to see some politics rather than a typical romantic comedy.

I'm only a couple episodes in to Love Rain, but it's very well done so far. I wasn't familiar with Yoona's acting, but I love her as Yoon Hee. A little worried the drama will change tone once we switch to the modern day though ...

I'm curious about Fashion King, but I haven't heard many good things about it. Roof Top Prince also seems fairly popular right now.
Was planning to find some nice korean and japanese series to watch over the summer, but for now only had 'Iris' and the just started to air - 'Dr. Jin'.
Since you mentioned 'King 2 Hearts' I might watch it.

Oh, I've heard a lot of good things about Iris but never watched it myself. I should probably do that ...

To be honest, I almost stopped watching King 2 Hearts around episode 7 but the story picks up again in the second half of the drama. I'm finding with both King 2 Hearts and Love Rain that the first four episodes are the strongest. Which is odd, because in the past, I always hated how kdramas began/ended and enjoyed the middles!

Hm, I enjoyed the last jdrama I watched (can't recall the name now!) but haven't seen many people talking about popular ones. Any to recommend?

QUOTE (iamdeath @ Feb 13 2012, 08:37 AM) hey i remember this drama i think it Korean but it show 30 yr old woman working at this place not sure but fall for her boss which he younger but remember part where she losing her father house and got loan from her boss but then her boss start to fall in love with her. But the was part where she was living at his house and he had daughter or niece which took liking to her but the was part where his mother said to them if she does not get pregnant they wont allow to get married

[Mod's Note: Use the correct thread please]
What dorama is this? Anyone care to enlighten me please, it sounds interesting.
rolleyes.gif

I might watch dorama again there are only 2 series that I'm actually serious about watching, one is the second season of Liar Game and the other is the new xxxHOLiC live-action drama that is going to start on the 24th Feb 2013.....20 days so long. I wanted to see the trailer, which is at:-

http://www.wowow.co.jp/drama/holic/movie/index.html

However, since my location is UK, it won't let me watch it, which is a shame, I really thought someone would put it up on youtube but no luck.

Finally had a chance to watch The Raid 2. My god...I didnt recognise the squeals, squelches and yelps coming from my body. And the last fight had my arms flailing about like Kermit the frog. Hammer girl and bat boy particularly had awesome scenes chasing down the Yakuza.

It truly outdid The Raid.

I watched the first Solomon's Perjury movie during my flight from Hong Kong back to the UK and I was just stunned by how the movie gripped me. I'm desperately trying to find a raw version of the second movie but I'm failing miserably.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back