Fansub.TV & Maikuando.TV - Styles & Themes

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more

Maiku_Ando

-sama
Staff member
Leader Council
Back in 2016, Fansub.TV and Maikuando.TV merged to share upgraded forum software, in short FTV had a great community, and MATV had the software, it made sense to merge. It also made it a lot easier to manage the site(s). Both have been working great using different styles.

Roll on to 2020, it has been a long good run with IP Board 3.4.x, but its now well past its lifetime and we need to upgrade again.
The latest IP Board offering is not great for us, yes it is cheaper to renew than move, but moving gives us better software.

The new software can support multiple domains, but in order to have different content or styles, it requires a second license and an add-on, the cost of that is beyond us at the moment, therefore I choose the annoying message and manually clicking to change the style over not upgrading and being stuck on a broken forum where no one can register.

If things pick-up and we get some activity on the forum again, I will buy the extra things needed to make it all seamless again.

A little update, 26 July 2020.
I have also enabled URL canonicalization, this means that now everyone gets redirected to www. fansub .tv, I have done this as it was discovered that google had lots of listings for our site using loads of different domains and frankly it is a right mess - even the sub domains that were just for images etc. That is doing some severe damage to our rankings in search engines, and although this move will harm maikuando.tv, it is far better than having the current mess.

Second Update 3rd September 2020.
It would appear that changing the logo only is allowed providing no content is different, therefore I have done so. The style remains a user choice. I have also removed the URL canonicalization as it should not be needed.

Last edited: