CRCs on Anonymous Speed Subs releases

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

daisetsu

Kouhai
Hi, so as I'm sure pretty much everyone is aware that small group of "random" numbers in a release's filename is actually a CRC (cyclic redundancy check) and is a simple way of knowing whether the file you just downloaded is corrupt or not.

I've noticed that fansub.tv has picked up Anonymous Speed Subs as a primary source for a number of their active series. The problem... a.s.s. doesn't include a CRC in their filename. If maybe someone could just calculate it (free software tool, just a single click) and add it onto the file name, that would be awesome. I've already downloaed allison and lillia once and had to re-download the entire thing after getting like 80% of the way though because I thought it had downloaded correctly but couldn't check.

Maybe, just in the title. If not it's just a suggestion.

We do not have the ability to do this. Fansub.tv receives the files from animesuki - another website and organizes it as you see here. We don't even host the torrent files, we only link to the original host. Our DDLs are the only exception, and even then it wouldn't really be that great. Most groups put the CRC in the file name, it's pretty rare to have a file without the CRC in the name and would thus be more effort than it's worth to make an automated system that checks if a CRC exists, check the CRC, and then upload the file for DDL (and again, this would ONLY affect the DDL and not torrents anyway).

Point is, doing this would be way more work than its worth and probably wouldn't be of much use anyway...If need be, download another group's subs who does put the CRC in the file name...

The server cannot track and match CRC codes. It is an auto-feed from animesuki. Whatever they get first, we get. That's just how it is unfortunately.

You may try to ask the fansubbers themselves, but by then that is out of our reach.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back