Bokurano

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

DarkSkyLady

-moeagaru-loli
Retired
Bokurano1.jpg
Bokurano2.jpg

Title: Bokurano
Japanese Title: ぼくらの
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mecha, Science Fiction
Premiere: April 8th, 2007
Animation Production: Gonzo
Director: Hiroyuki Morita
Official Website: http://bokurano.jp/

It's based off of a manga. I got the info off of ANN.

On a typical day during a summer vacation, a group of 15 children discovered a mysterious man living in a seashore cave, along with his high-tech gadgets. The man claimed to be a game developer creating a video game with 15 giant robots defending Earth from alien invaders and asked those children to test the game for him. The kids agreed happily at first, but soon they began to find the game horrifying, not only because of its realism but also for the first fatality among them happened right after their first victory. Worse yet, they had no idea how to stop or leave the "game."

I also read somewhere that Ghibli is helping to create this one too. It may be good depending. It sounds interesting.

Left image is from the anime, right is from the manga.

WOOT this is gonna be awesome, the whole anime is going to be consists of different chapters each focus on one child who will become the pilot of the battle at time. The theme of life and human nature are really well done by the author of the manga and I've changed my view of the whole thing about the worth of a human life after reading this. The author of the manga also wrote some dark manga like Narutoru, currently ch.38 and man the story is just so emo and deep.

DSL ----> Superb, I was gonna make this today right after I finished sleeping.......seems like I was beaten to it...................if only I was an American ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...what to say.........it will be good.........but its a rip-off EVA mixed with the idea of Battle Royale in my opinion ....from the looks of it. One of the kids look like Shirou from FSN. But again, I shall watch this when the time comes................seriously, how the hell am I gonna follow alll this anime. This year seems to be more hectic than last year.........
dry.gif
.............I should cheer up...............I'm still tired and still ain't seen shippuden 4, DN 20, Nodame 7, Kenichi 10 and Gintama 20......seen the others though.

Noooo...yet another good anime..?Mkk-sama said it's good too......pheww....my list for anime that comings up in April 2007 keeps extending
rolleyes.gif
...I don't know if I can't even keep up to it...
blink.gif
All of them looks so promising...
rolleyes.gif

I read that some people don't feel it will do good because Ghibli mixing with it, but the artwork looks interesting and if the plot is good I think this anime could really become one of my favorites. Besides I love most of Studio Ghibli's works.
biggrin.gif

raaaaaahh!Another good anime coming this spring...the synopsis kinda remind me of Gantz (the part about a game where you are forced to play and thus can be killed in it...)for that including only childern and big mecha....This is quite intriguing,hope it turn out to be a very deep anime....

Bokurano Promo Torrent

Here's the promo vid that was just released not too long ago, subbed by Sei-kun. After seeing the promo I'm looking forward to this one a lot more now. I didn't think much of this show when I first saw it here, but it looks like it will get really deep with the kids when they have to pilot the robot.

Like Barbobot, I didn't think much of this anime until I saw the trailer.
Wow. I think the animation quality is top notch, and I like the music, the character designs.... I get the feeling this is going to be one really amazing anime. Can't wait for it!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Mar 03 2007, 01:10 AM)WOOT this is gonna be awesome, the whole anime is going to be consists of different chapters each focus on one child who will become the pilot of the battle at time. The theme of life and human nature are really well done by the author of the manga and I've changed my view of the whole thing about the worth of a human life after reading this. The author of the manga also wrote some dark manga like Narutoru, currently ch.38 and man the story is just so emo and deep.

Emo and deep? I'm sold
biggrin.gif

looks interesting... hope to see lots of good fighting and storyline... since its gonna be chopped into chapters ....

I just saw the first episode, which was subbed and released by Triad Fansubs. The first episode was good and introduce you to the "GAME". People...do not check WIKI.....major spoilers. I've already forgotten was in there.....nope, I still remember it a bit. I can describe it as a mix of EVA, Gantz, .hack. All I'm gonna say is that it will have a lot of deaths . This anime will be seriously emotional and upsetting. The OP was brillant, the ED was okay but during the episode....I just thought the sound wasn't very clear. I shall claim Mako-chan as mine but I really didn't want to claim anyone from this anime but then again I did claim Teresa-chan from Claymore and Misa-chan from Death Note.

Just finished Bokurano and I was pretty impressed with it. Mainly it was an introduction to the game and just sets everything up as J-dono said, but this show just looks like it's gonna be excellent. I think the intro did a very good job of setting up what direction this anime was gonna go:

"When we entered middle school, we thought we were already members of society, and that we could do anything.
We cried, we laughed, we got angry....
We thought we already knew most of what there was to our world.
But in truth, we were all just children, protected by our parents and the society we lived in.
True sadness and anger wasn't nearly as petty as what we felt in our daily lives.
That's what we learned when the fifteen of us gathered together. And then..."

This show will be getting very dramatic as each child is forced to pilot the robot they unknowingly volunteered to pilot, at least that's what I think.

The OP was excellent as well.

I watched the 1st episode and while I'll probably watch it or at least some more of it I can't say I really enjoyed it. Anybody know how many episodes is it going to be?

I just saw the first ep. I must say this show is very good and it has some unique characteristics within the plot. Character drawing are good as is Studio Ghibli's style and the opening and ending songs are very beautiful as well. I am excited to see the next ep. This anime may definitely become a favorite not only with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a fav in Japan as well. Though there are some very good animes out right now so it has some stiff competition. We will see how this show plays out.
biggrin.gif

This anime may amount to something historic and legendary,the character designs are great,I like the mecha/sci fi theme with the whole "game" thing.It reminds me of an epic or tragic adventure story,kinda like Lost.
I claim Komoda Takami.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I am amazed at how this anime is going to turn out, so while I was bored I decided to look up some info on Wikipedia. All I can say is this is going to make my stomach turn in the end. If you want a free look ahead without spoiling too much take a quick look. The only thing I'm interested in is since there has been no indication of the length of the anime, and the manga is no where near complete, will there be more then one season? Or are they going to cut it short and leave us all wondering what is going to happen.

QUOTE This anime may amount to something historic and legendary,the character designs are great,I like the mecha/sci fi theme with the whole "game" thing.It reminds me of an epic or tragic adventure story,kinda like Lost.

I agree with you very much, and in all honestly this may become (well at least for me) a high ranking anime up there with "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya".

The first episode is good.....Well, I didn't like that much the mecha design but I'am expecting dramatic and trajic events happening to the 15 kids....Bokurano really have an air of Gantz about it and I don't think that all the kids who are about to pilote the big robot and face the monsters are going to get back alive (surely some will die.....but who???And don't worry this are pure speculation as I didn't read the mangas...)so brace yourself....and finally......The black robot got a funny cockpit don't you think??

I couldn't hold myself back and I went and downloaded all the current chapters (only 41 so it isn't that long). I've only read a couple chapters and I just have to say "omfg". I don't want to give away any major spoilers, but things will definitely get very dramatic as each kid comes up to pilot and as some die . But now I'm not sure if I want to keep reading or wait for the anime.

Edit: I gave in and ended up reading the whole thing and making a whole new topic for the manga afterwards.
tongue.gif
I just couldn't stop reading.

ZOMFG.... :| really good anime... lately I downloaded few 'first eps' of new animes and Bokurano seems to be leading the competition... IT WILL BECOME DRAMATIC CLOSER TO THE END, I can say even though I havent read the manga... but the mecha.... is what gets me down... :|

Lured by talk of angst and Ghibli I watched the first ep of this but somehow it left me cold, and suddenly I remembered that the only giant robots I like are the Gundam models that dance to the Haruhi (and now, Lucky☆Star) theme tunes on Youtube. Calling the theme song ‘Uninstall’ is a nice touch though.

I don’t know, maybe I’ll watch another ep. to see how the human side of the story develops but the robot fight scene was really sucky I thought. I think maybe I didn’t connect with the human angle because there were just so many characters introduced in one go, I felt overwhelmed at having 15 people dumped onto a beach with no real focus on anyone in particular, by the end of the first ep I still felt nothing for their plight since none of them meant anything to me, they were just random people.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back