beta: new series page design

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 23 2010, 08:50 PM)The point of not posting fansub group names for licensed series at all is because a simple google search will often provide you with the group's website, irc channel, or even a torrent link. This alone defeats the purpose of supporting the companies that license titles.

See thread in sempai/mod forum regarding new "project". I recall daft also working on this or at least on his to-do list about a year ago
tongue.gif

If there was a way to implement a filter into the server, it would be great, but I doubt that's possible..
your right its easy to google it but you need to now what groups to google for said series for example FMA is licensed now i need to find the groups that means i need to go through a needle in a haystack of sites just to find all the sub teams that sub FMA i dont need any info but there name thats good inaf for me.

QUOTE (perimiter @ Aug 23 2010, 11:11 AM) your right its easy to google it but you need to now what groups to google for said series for example FMA is licensed now i need to find the groups that means i need to go through a needle in a haystack of sites just to find all the sub teams that sub FMA i dont need any info but there name thats good inaf for me.
That's exactly the point that we're trying to make. When a series is licensed, we don't want to support you to continue downloading licensed titles. We want you to support the industry by buying the actual DVD/BD. We don't want you to continue downloading Fullmetal Alchemist but rather want you to buy it from Funimation if you want to continue watching it.

I do not like the new layout when log in its too bright and hard to navigate and cannot add anima's to watch list anymore please change back as was much better in every-way see so far..

Also can not find most things looking for this is a huge upset and let down as not improved at all in my opinion, only good thing is some have stream links so can watch online, and this could easily be just added to way was.

QUOTE (Cody @ Sep 04 2010, 11:28 PM) I do not like the new layout when log in its too bright and hard to navigate and cannot add anima's to watch list anymore please change back as was much better in every-way see so far..

Also can not find most things looking for this is a huge upset and let down as not improved at all in my opinion, only good thing is some have stream links so can watch online, and this could easily be just added to way was.
I don't see how it can be too bright compared to before? Both the new and the old series pages had white backgrounds, do you have your browser override the colors or something?

With the navigation, the menus are at the top... maybe it would help if you said what you were trying to navigate to - give some specific examples of what you had trouble getting to.

The 'Add to watch list' is the blue button next to 'add to scheduler' right in the middle of the page?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 23 2010, 09:15 PM) That's exactly the point that we're trying to make. When a series is licensed, we don't want to support you to continue downloading licensed titles. We want you to support the industry by buying the actual DVD/BD. We don't want you to continue downloading Fullmetal Alchemist but rather want you to buy it from Funimation if you want to continue watching it.
i would gladly buy them IF i could but i cant my country dosnt sells anime eventully many would agree that not every country sells dvd infact it seems your reasoning is applied only to the US so my question is this : what do i do if my country dosnt sells those DVD's??

QUOTE (perimiter @ Sep 24 2010, 07:32 PM) i would gladly buy them IF i could but i cant my country dosnt sells anime eventully many would agree that not every country sells dvd infact it seems your reasoning is applied only to the US so my question is this : what do i do if my country dosnt sells those DVD's??
Fansub.TV is based in the US so it is governed by those laws. In order for this site to continue to operate it must abide by the legal requirements of its host country.

The internet is a vast sea and there are many unchartered waters. Fansub.TV, however, is clearly marked on the map and we all wish for it to continue to stay afloat.

I think the design itself is a lot more intuitive than it was before. There are less links to fiddle around width on the main page, and the other links and drop menus are straight forward. The drop shadow border keeps it all somewhat connected, so there isn't anything really floating/misplaced looking. White background = classic. If and when a possible personalized version of the home screen comes out (choose which anime shows on the homepage), it'll be that much better.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back