Anime/Manga/Game Identification Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (iamdeath @ Dec 01 2011, 07:37 AM) any ideas
that one is easy, scene where Rider Medusa flashes Shinji at min 7:30 of Carnival Phantasm 6th episode, some kind of soup opera about Sakura xD http://anime.fansub.tv/e14438/Carnival-Phantasm-OVA%206/ ...now do I have to post a pic about a anime, manga or game I don't identify or can I show one I already know to test others if they can recognize it?
tongue.gif

Ah yeah tht pic alone made me wonder why they never did a Rider Route, But still I want my, Illya, Caster, and Mitsuzuri routes dammit.
laugh.gif

anyone know what the insert song on kimi to boku episode one starting around 3:33 minutes into the episode is called? I've been looking everywhere and no one seems to know. They keep referencing the officially released insert song, Tomorrow by Aoi Shouta. That not the tune that is playing in the listed spot.

anyone knows what these two anime from?

The anime is about a boy who is kind of a failure and ends up in a museum that replicates a period village that somehow transports him to an actual historical village (or something like that). There is a wolf girl living in a temple... I think

I don't remember a whole lot about this anime, not even if it was a movie or tv episode. I just remember that it was about people turning themselves into dolls or just trying to be like dolls because it was considered beautiful or desirable. It was really freaky and kind of disturbing, especially when you saw the people who were very successful in looking doll-like. One person was moved by string, I think, like a puppet. It looked like it was made within the past 10 years, at least; it was very good quality. Left quite a vivid image in my head.

I've tried to find more on this, whatever it was, but I can't find ANYthing. I just keep coming across animes with creepy possessed dolls or something, but in this one I'm trying to find, they're not dolls, they're people who make themselves LOOK like dolls.

hi can you tell me what anime is this from?

91433_v0_460x.jpg

30t116o.png

I apologise, but I do not know how to post images on this website (or any other, truth to tell, mainly because I am not very good at computers and whatnot - the typewriter is and has always been my the type of thing so if anyone is kind enough to either teach me to do so or be kind enough to post images online about the animes tht i saw, I will be most grateful)

But I had spent the better part of a year watching and re-watching anime shows that I know and love, simply because I could never find any anime shows that held the same importance to me, like my all-time favourites in my own person best 5, at least) like Haibane-Renmei (Charocal Feathers of Old home), Patlabor the Movie, Patlabot 2: The movie, WXIII: Patlabor the Movie, Voices of a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters per Second, Serial Experiments lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, to name a few.
But over the last month, I have gone out of my way to watch some anime shows that i never would have dreamed to give the light of day before. Most noticably, Angel Beats!, Zombie-Loan, Clannad 9and its sequal Clannad: After Story (even though it is confusing beyond belief at the at the end!), 'The Bridge to the Starry Skies and one series that i thought i would never be interested in, "Welcome To The NHK" but these animes make me feel somewhat disheartened, not from their content although that is a factor for each of the series) but that these series, whilst entertaining, all have a dark, almost disturbing element to them that, while often times depressing, provide comic relief when you least expect it.

I cannot believe that anime has moved away from the crappy children's crap (dare I use 'Shin-Chan or 'One Piece as an example?) and actually follows a more well-balanced story line, where, while there is comedy, there is also parts that chance each of the characters and how they see the World around them in a new light.

I do not really know why I am position this message, but if anyone on this site has a genuine interest in breaking away from the mainstream anime that is currently shown with exception to Zombie-Loan), and really wants to watch a anime series that has depth, not not only for the story-plot, but the characters themselves as they grow through each episode, then there are the current anime series that I recommend to watch and, if you are anything like me, you will watch and re-watch them, not just because of the characters, but for the physiological aspects and superb musical score.

Hey fellow bloggers I need some help. I watched a anime a while back and I can't remember the name of the anime.

Plot is very sketchy but hopefully you guys can fill the scenes and give me the title. Here goes:

Wimpy guy has friends with powers and he's defenseless. He gets protected by them until one day the girls or friends are in a crisis and are losing and he taps into a power and his eye changes color. Turns red or something like so. He finally feels like he can help.

The rest is sketchy but in the end he turns into a being far beyond his friends in a different dimension and fights at a light speed to try and close some portal in an underworld or something like so. He completely transforms and utters some words: from a place deeper than darkness. He has to activate this power with a line.

Any thoughts? I can't remember and would appreciate any help.

Not a very good description but I'll take any help :) thanks.

Hello there. Recently I have been trying hard to recall an anime I saw on TV a while back. It had to be somewhere between 2001-2003. I am very sketchy on any plot details. All I can remember was that it was about a girl that seemed to be a robot/cyborg. It seem to remember that she was maybe held captive by a woman that had long dark hair. And and at some point the robot girl tries to escape/leave where she is and saws come down and cut her legs off so that she can't. Again sorry that I have so few details but it was so long ago and really one of the first animes I ever watched and its bugging me that I don't know the name of it. Any Help is much appreciated.

QUOTE (Zzyzyx @ Jan 22 2013, 07:55 PM) Hello there. Recently I have been trying hard to recall an anime I saw on TV a while back. It had to be somewhere between 2001-2003. I am very sketchy on any plot details. All I can remember was that it was about a girl that seemed to be a robot/cyborg. It seem to remember that she was maybe held captive by a woman that had long dark hair. And and at some point the robot girl tries to escape/leave where she is and saws come down and cut her legs off so that she can't. Again sorry that I have so few details but it was so long ago and really one of the first animes I ever watched and its bugging me that I don't know the name of it. Any Help is much appreciated.
A lot of cyborg shows around that time frame if I remember correctly. If I had to guess, this sounds a lot like Battle Angel Alita: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=147

Pretty sure it's not Cyborg 009 (2001) as it sound much darker. If it's not the above, is it possibly any of these?

Kikaider: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=980
009-1: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4637

QUOTE (salometoy @ Dec 21 2013, 02:53 PM) trying to find a correct english translated titled for this anime
いくぜっ!源さん
any help would be appreciated thanks
That is Ikuze Gen-san, which pretty much means Let's Go Gen-san.

-----------------------

[MOD Note]

The post that previously followed this one and related replies have been moved to a new thread
Fate/stay night (2014)

The original post for reference is quoted below.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jan 29 2014, 07:53 AM)Some rumored anime news appears to soon be reality!

According to the upcoming issue of Newtype Ace, the previously announced anime adaptation of visual novel Fate/stay night will be a TV series broadcast in Fall 2014. It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere. It was further stated that Shirou Emiya will play a more central role in the new series, and some of the characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

Director: Takahiro Miura (Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon)
Character Design: Tomonori Sudou (Fate/Zero), Hisayuki Tabata, Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/Zero)
Original Character Design: Takashi Takeuchi
Studio: ufotable

The visual novel was previously adapted into the TV series Fate/stay night in 2006 and movie Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works in 2010, by Studio Deen. Urobuchi Gen's novel was then adapted into the TV series Fate/Zero by ufotable in 2012.

Source: Yaraon

News submitted by: Mimerio

Previous related news: Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

Fate/stay night (2014) on MAL
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=7553...vzi3l8AyH2br.99

Im trying to find an anime from what i recall that is from the same age as the above, around 2001-2003, i saw it on (i think) funimation, or some other US anime channel when i was visiting back then. I only saw something like a preview or half an episode, there were scenes of some antagonists talking about what seemed like the MC, and they were saying he was a god killer or something similar, and then there was a scene when he found a girl (not sure if he was looking for her) and she was trapped in a tank of watter, i think she was or became a mermaid, and they said something like "she cant live outside of that tank anymore", after that i think there was a scene where the a town was crumbling, it was probably on a flying mass of earth, and the generators that kept it afloat were sabotaged or something.

A lot of maybes, i really cant remember it clearly since it happened over 10 years ago and i was not paying much atention. Also it was on the US at that date so it must have been older.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Mar 14 2014, 10:00 PM) i saw it on (i think) funimation, or some other US anime channel when i was visiting back then.
Scratch that xD sorry, i didnt know the funimation channel wasnt launched until 2005, must have been my imagination or something, too bad i cant edit it now that i've come checking again for an answer. Anyway i know for sure i must have seen that on 2002, either way sorry for double posting just correcting myself.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Mar 28 2014, 08:24 PM) Scratch that xD sorry, i didnt know the funimation channel wasnt launched until 2005, must have been my imagination or something, too bad i cant edit it now that i've come checking again for an answer. Anyway i know for sure i must have seen that on 2002, either way sorry for double posting just correcting myself.
Would it possibly be Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku? (Now and Then, Here and There)
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=114

It's not 2001-2003 but I believe it was brought overseas around that time

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back